Hey Scott.

Frank Browne

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
FB
Here is a photo you might find interesting.
John McEuen, Steve Martin and Jerry Garcia.
There are several photos of Martin and McEuen on his website.

20zbvxc.jpg

HPNFlyGirl said:
Jam session.

You bet! Steve Martin and John McEuen (later of the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band) were high school friends. McEuen taught Martin to play the banjo and he incorporated it into his earlier comedy acts. Martin is actually quite good on the banjo! And I'm talking picking and not strumming.:yes:

Frank Browne said:
Steve Martin and John McEuen (later of the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band) were high school friends. McEuen taught Martin to play the banjo and he incorporated it into his earlier comedy acts. Martin is actually quite good on the banjo!
Steve Martin honed his banjo and juggling act on the stage of Ledbetter's, the folk nightclub near UCLA owned by Randy (The New Christy Minstrels) Sparks. BTW, Randy performs next week for the Pacific Bonanza Society fly-in at Vancouver, WA.

-- Pilawt

Pilawt,

Sorry to go off topic, but where is this fly-in at, Pearson? ABS website shows they wont be any closer than Gig Harbor, and I'd love to go take a look if they're in the area.

Frank Browne said:
So did I. But that was BC. (before children)
And I had hair BC. Or as my oldest daughter remarked when seeing the video when she was born - "Hey Dad!!! When I was born you had hair!"

Duh.

Cool. I knew Steve Martin played banjo but I did not know about them rest them. Mind if I post that over on the banjo BBS I hang out on?

smigaldi said:
Cool. I knew Steve Martin played banjo but I did not know about them rest them. Mind if I post that over on the banjo BBS I hang out on?

Not at all, but the image is from McEuen's website. There are other images
of Martin and McEuen there as well.

Back