Hey greater Boston area folks(and anyone else)

deafsound

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
i arrrghhmmmmpppth
Any of you guys want to get together and play some golf and talk airplanes?
Two thoughts:
1) Maybe we could meet up sometime as a fly in somewhere. Somewhere like 1.5 on the Hobbs ( so I can fly the plane I rent and not have to pay the 3 hour minimum for taking the plane all day)....Maine, VT, upstate NY---whatever. I'd be willing to find golf courses, get tee times and make sure there is transportation available from the airport to the course.
2) play locally sometime and skip the flying.

A few other things:
I don't care if you are a good golfer or not as long as you're down with playing 18 holes.
I'm not on a resort or country club budget, so I'd be looking at places that cost less than 40bucks or so. 50 bucks tops for a really nice course.

OK, hope to hear from some of you.

Sigh. Wish I could come.

You a walker or a rider?

I prefer to walk. There are a few courses that I'll take a cart tho...usually ones that you have to walk more than a minute or so from green to tee....lots of those in FL, not too many around here.
If you're concerned about your bag being too heavy with a 12 pack of beer in it, you only need four clubs....5 wood, 7 iron, pw and putter. Plus after you drink all that beer on the course, there's less clubs for you to lose.

I prefer to walk. There are a few courses that I'll take a cart tho...usually ones that you have to walk more than a minute or so from green to tee....lots of those in FL, not too many around here.
If you're concerned about your bag being too heavy with a 12 pack of beer in it, you only need four clubs....5 wood, 7 iron, pw and putter. Plus after you drink all that beer on the course, there's less clubs for you to lose.

4 clubs nothing... one of my favorite things to do on a golf course is to pick one club and play the whole hole with it...

4 clubs nothing... one of my favorite things to do on a golf course is to pick one club and play the whole hole with it...
I use a 7 iron for that myself.

I use a 7 iron for that myself.

7's a good choice.... my standard was usually a 5 iron since I probably hit it the best of any club... which ain't saying much... :(

7's a good choice.... my standard was usually a 5 iron since I probably hit it the best of any club... which ain't saying much... :(
5 iron's my worst club. I actually dropped it out of my bag on the course the other day, and I was sort of hoping it was lost, but someone turned it in. I love my 7 iron...I can hit it far and straight almost everytime, and I can chip and putt with it.

Back