Hey, 16R is actually good!

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
I have wanted to see the movie 16R for a long time, but was a bit sceptical, thinking it would just be a movie with a bunch of planes (nothing wrong with that, if you're in the mood).

But it is actually really, really good! Thanks to Sheri for letting me borrow it! Damn good movie.

yea it is good! Tristan and I watched it on my wall with the projector on Friday while baking cookies and waiting for Jesse to show up. Pretty sweet when the screen was about 3 feet tall and 4 feet wide.

Ya'll have some pretty low standards. I fell asleep both times I tried watching it. I think everyone got sucked in by the hype.

were you watching it on an 8 inch black and white TV ed??? the High Def. air to air shots were fantastic. Hell I dont even pay attention to the story line, I've heard it a million times. I just love the flying and the stories.

were you watching it on an 8 inch black and white TV ed??? the High Def. air to air shots were fantastic. Hell I dont even pay attention to the story line, I've heard it a million times. I just love the flying and the stories.

Yeah, my grandfather and I watched it on Discovery HD on his Wega 60". Absolutely spectacular.

Nope - 48" yawn fest. Lorenzo Lamas - now that's compelling right there.

Nope - 48" yawn fest. Lorenzo Lamas - now that's compelling right there.
Ed, you're turned on by Lorenzo Lamas???

Ooohh... you mean his airplane! :)

I thought it was a great movie. It's best in HD without a doubt.

While some of the movie may be boring to many active pilots, it's inspiring to non-pilots. That's something we badly need to keep the influx of new pilots. I'm referring to those who become "aviators" and not just a pilot.

You're very welcome Nick. Now if you would kindly wrap it up and send it to Jason. Who needs Netflix? We have POA.

Ed Ed Ed............. OK, so it's a little lacking in the plot department and nobody gets shot down or anything, but really, maybe you just need to watch it with some hottie pilot chick and a good bottle of wine. ;)

Ya'll have some pretty low standards. I fell asleep both times I tried watching it. I think everyone got sucked in by the hype.

I thought I'd DVR'd it on Discovery HD, but when I watch the show titled 16R on the menu, I get a thing on the Wright Bros.

It probably just needs some car chases, a half dozen explosions ...

You're very welcome Nick. Now if you would kindly wrap it up and send it to Jason. Who needs Netflix? We have POA.

Ed Ed Ed............. OK, so it's a little lacking in the plot department and nobody gets shot down or anything, but really, maybe you just need to watch it with some hottie pilot chick and a good bottle of wine. ;)

Heh. Know any local for me? :yes:

It was OK, but I was very dissapointed.

I LOVED it! I loved the movie, the airplanes, the music. There wasn't anything I didn't like about it.

Judy

I loaned my copy to the local director of economic development. It has some value in promoting aviation to the non-believers.

Back