Heritage Foundation flight.

Love it.

When I read "Heritage Foundation" I was confused and thought this belonged in Spin Zone. Is there a connection to that Heritage Foundation?

Perhaps I've edited too many videos, or perhaps I know to much. While the production values are great and the video does a wonderful job of tugging at the heartstrings, it's a nonesensical mishmash of historical juxtapositions. The screen shows us "1944" and quotes FDR's 1933 inaugural address; we see Mustangs flying to Churchill's "Blood, Sweat, and Toil" (pre Battle of Britain) speech; we are told that the USAF defended the world in 1945 when the USAF didn't get around to existing for another three years, and we have WWII pilots launching off into the wild blue to JFK's stirring words. Give me a break. And what was the significance of the "1944" that the video started with, other than it was 40 years prior to the Raptor's honorary flight? The cynic in me says this video was put together by someone who's hoping to sell more than the announced 218 Raptors.

Regards,
Joe

Actually, it was called a Heritage Flight; guess I subconsciously transposed to Heritage Foundation; mia culpa. Sometimes during the day, guess I'm just trying to work too much in <g>

Best,

Dave

Perhaps I've edited too many videos, or perhaps I know to much. While the production values are great and the video does a wonderful job of tugging at the heartstrings, it's a nonesensical mishmash of historical juxtapositions. The screen shows us "1944" and quotes FDR's 1933 inaugural address; we see Mustangs flying to Churchill's "Blood, Sweat, and Toil" (pre Battle of Britain) speech; we are told that the USAF defended the world in 1945 when the USAF didn't get around to existing for another three years, and we have WWII pilots launching off into the wild blue to JFK's stirring words. Give me a break. And what was the significance of the "1944" that the video started with, other than it was 40 years prior to the Raptor's honorary flight? The cynic in me says this video was put together by someone who's hoping to sell more than the announced 218 Raptors.

Regards,
Joe

Joe, I saw a lot of that and Geo Bush's quotes over and over bothered me a bit, but I looked past the pieces and saw the entire mosaic; found it inspiring. With your critical eye, suggest you pass on Pirates of the Caribbean 3--for sure!!

Best,

Dave

Well that does it! I'm not asking either of you two out for a date!! :D

Regards,
Joe

Well! Humpfff! Guess you settled that <vbg>

BTW, I couldn't believe some of the stuff in Pirates. Asked my nieces why they liked it. Wanna guess why we all sat through it?

They wanted to see Johnny Depp!! Didn't hear much after the movie about technical construction; edits; realism or other mundane matters.

Did hear terms like cute/he's really neat/I liked his --you guess.

Best,

Dave

Back