Here is a very good, free, aviation weather web page. Highly recommend.

C

CowboyPilot

This is from Van's Air Force website, run by some RV guys.

There are a lot of weather sites and maps and depictions out there and I used to occasionally go over and check AOPA's weather site--which basically blows.

Especially useful on this particular website is the winds aloft chart AND forecast. I've found it to be highly accurate in the past year or so I've been checking it out.

Enjoy, and if anyone else has a good weather site, please share.

http://www.vansairforce.net/weather.htm

Regards.

-JD

Last edited:
That's worth adding to my favorites list.

Thanks

JD,
Thanks! I hadn't encountered this one before, relying largely on www.aviationweather.gov. Have you found that www.vansariforce.net adds things beyond what www.aviationweather.gov and www.accuweather.com provide? Those seem to be two of the main sources for maps on www.vansairforce.net.

I did see some images there from www.jeppesen.com, though.
What Vans did is to collect various graphics from other sources and post them. It's a nice convenience but I suspect that if some of the non-governmental sources knew about it they wouldn't be happy about the deep-linking.

What Vans did is to collect various graphics from other sources and post them. It's a nice convenience but I suspect that if some of the non-governmental sources knew about it they wouldn't be happy about the deep-linking.

I am sure they would not, but then again this is the new world, and with the internet things get shared. If they do not want linking they can program the system to not allow them.

Now that the Links Database is operational again, that would be great if you all could post the new links over there! Thanks!

Wow when i clicked the link, the first page that came up looked just like the weather computer at my FBO...

I wonder if this is wut they use???:dunno:

They picked up links from at least 3 of my favorite weather sites, plus some new ones. One stop shopping! Thanks JD!

Jay

Back