Henning at Raleigh-Durham, all RDU-ers!

etsisk

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iYiYi
Henning and Robert Gerace will be flying into RDU at 2 pm on Friday 2/23 - so all of you that can get away, come join us for lunch!!

(I'll be cross posting this at Hangar Talk and on the Red Board)

Henning and Robert Gerace will be flying into RDU at 2 pm on Friday 2/23 - so all of you that can get away, come join us for lunch!!

Tom, I" ll be there. Check your PM.

Looks like we're getting close to a dozen folks! Here's what we have so far:

We'll be meeting at Southern Jet (located at the approach end of 26L) at RDU on Friday, 2/23, at 2 pm.

We know that much!

There are some choices, and I'm trying to figure out the logistics of 'em - as most folks are going to be flying in, going someplace to eat will require more cars than *I* can drive at one time. So ...

1. I'll try and figure out a way to bring in BBQ and fried chicken and other NC type goodies (we did, after all, promise Henning some dead pig) and find a place to eat for all of us (ideally, I could pull the Cherokee out of the hangar and we could eat there - but security issues DO come into play, unfortunately). Other possibilities for that are being explored.

2. We could go to any of several restaurants located about 5 minutes away from Southern Jet, and we can do relays until we get everyone over to the restaurant, and then do the same to get folks back to the airport.

A lot will depend on what Southern Jet has to say about it when I call them in a few minutes.
smile.gif
Y'all feel free to let me know what your druthers are, and we'll do what we can most easily do (uh, which is probably what's gonna happen anyway, as this IS supposed to be fun, after all!).

And I should be in the back seat, slowing them down by about 2 knots. :)

-Rich

That's a long trip from Nantucket.

Hey Ed, some of us dont mind going out of our way to see friends :D

Well, he is right. I did see you, Jesse, Barb, Bruce, Grant, Leslie, and Scott from the Midwest at a fly-in. Hell, even Nick and Richard made it from the West Coast. I'm trying to think. Was there anyone from Iowa there? Iowa is still in the Midwest isn't it?

Well, he is right. I did see you, Jesse, Barb, Bruce, Grant, Leslie, and Scott from the Midwest at a fly-in. Hell, even Nick and Richard made it from the West Coast. I'm trying to think. Was there anyone from Iowa there? Iowa is still in the Midwest isn't it?

True, true... (Busted, Tony... :goofy:)

Of course... How far away from your place was that Ed? Oh wait. ;) :rofl:

Just to clarify - the TFR is for THURSDAY, and NOT FRIDAY, which is the day we're all meeting for lunch!

HERE'S THE SCOOP:
We'll meet Friday at 2 pm at Southern Jet, as described above. After we have oohed and ahhhh'ed over the various and sundry flying machinery will have been brought to bear in this endeavor, we'll go up to one of the conference rooms which Southern Jet is making available for our use.

Once safely corralled in the conference room, we will chow down on Fried Chicken, NC style BBQ, 'taters, hush puppies, cole slaw - maybe even some Brunswick Stew!
biggrin.gif
good stuff!

I'll be arranging all of this, so I need everyone to let me know by THURSDAY if you are going to be there or not!! My email address is etsisk(at)nc(dot)rr(dot)com. (y'all know what to do to make that work)

Donations towards the food will, of course, be welcome. Except for Henning. Henning's lunch is on me.
wink.gif

Seriously, y'all let me know if you'll be there or not so I know to get enough food. And if the food selection is just not working for y'all, let me know that, too, and I can make other arrangements - it's just that we had invited Henning for barbecue, so I wanted to try and make good on that offer!

Where I live? I'm further away than you are. :rofl:

Yeah, but you do have a second place there... And it is your airport...

So, ya comin' to the Glide-a-thon? There'll be folks there from VA, MS, etc. so you have no excuse. :no:

All right, here I am trying to get things organized (NOT a natural state of affairs in my world, thankyou) and y'all are just confusing the situation!!

Just to clarify - the TFR is for THURSDAY, and NOT FRIDAY, which is the day we're all meeting for lunch!

HERE'S THE SCOOP:
We'll meet Friday at 2 pm at Southern Jet, as described above. After we have oohed and ahhhh'ed over the various and sundry flying machinery will have been brought to bear in this endeavor, we'll go up to one of the conference rooms which Southern Jet is making available for our use.

Once safely corralled in the conference room, we will chow down on Fried Chicken, NC style BBQ, 'taters, hush puppies, cole slaw - maybe even some Brunswick Stew!
biggrin.gif
good stuff!

I'll be arranging all of this, so I need everyone to let me know by THURSDAY if you are going to be there or not!! My email address is etsisk(at)nc(dot)rr(dot)com. (y'all know what to do to make that work)

Donations towards the food will, of course, be welcome. Except for Henning. Henning's lunch is on me.
wink.gif

Seriously, y'all let me know if you'll be there or not so I know to get enough food. And if the food selection is just not working for y'all, let me know that, too, and I can make other arrangements - it's just that we had invited Henning for barbecue, so I wanted to try and make good on that offer!
Tom - Great job. We get to meet, oogle and eat all at the airport. Count me in for a contribution toward the food fund...

Yeah, but you do have a second place there... And it is your airport...

So, ya comin' to the Glide-a-thon? There'll be folks there from VA, MS, etc. so you have no excuse. :no:

Lifeline Flight isn't a good enough excuse?

i suppose ill give you a get out of jail free card on that one. see you labor day!

Back