Help with RealSimGear GNS 430/530

Crashnburn

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Crashnburn
Has anyone gotten RealSimGear's GNS 430/530 working with Prep3D V5. RealSimGear isn't supporting that configuration anymore, but they do supply a legacy driver. After I install the driver, connect the cables, and reboot, I get a miniature screen on the 430 (all I'm working with now) and the Plugins-Hardware menu shows it's connected, but I don't see a GNS 430 screen anywhere on my IP, and the 430 just has a miniature screen.

I want it for my simulator so I can practice using it before getting into the FBO's planes.

If I can't get any further with it in the next week or two, it's going back.

From reading the MSFS 2024 thread, I can just get that sim, and it will at least have the 430, and I expect the 530. So, I might go that route.

Any help will be appreciated.

I got some help from RealSimGear support. Enough to realize my RealSimGear GNS 430 wasn't making it to the instrument list on the drop down menu. So, I returned everything.

You can download a GNS430/530 simulator for your pc if you just want to practice.

You can download a GNS430/530 simulator for your pc if you just want to practice.
Thanks. One of my C-172 versions omes with a GNS 500 which is 1a 530 precursor. I'll practice with that.

The most recent Reality XP version doesn't work for me, either.
I'll probablyhave better luck on XPLane. It comes with a 430/530 stack and I have radio panels for knob turning. Unfortunately, it only uses the middle half of my UltraWide display, and I have to set all my add-ons up for it, too.

From reading the MSFS 2024 thread, I can just get that sim, and it will at least have the 430, and I expect the 530. So, I might go that route.

Be careful with this approach. It may "come with the 430" but MSFS is known for visuals, not functionality. Even XPlane, which is considered better on the functionality front, their 430 implementation is not great. There is A LOT of functionality missing.

I'd suggest going xplane w/ the RealSimGear 430 for your better at home sim experience and to keep up buttonolgy skills.

As stated, though, garmin does have a free standalone simulator (which, btw, RSG interfaces with in their products)

https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=3527

Back