Help with KOAK ILS 28R missed approach instructions

There's a note to use the localizer approach, which has higher descent minimums, if you can't make the climb gradient on the ILS chart.
Correct. But, the policy is to have two DAs on the ILS procedure.

Here are the former ILS 25R and its replacement.

Old LVK.jpg

Attachments

• New LVK.jpg
    New LVK.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 13
Hey! Mt Diablo comes up fast if you delay the turn to the right.
Here is a photo that sort of illustrates it. This was me on ILS25R about 15 miles out.
localizer centered, waiting on FAF for glideslope
8MSc86t.jpg

Here is a photo that sort of illustrates it. This was me on ILS25R about 15 miles out.
Here are the TERPs for the missed approach. Mt. Diablo is well outside the protected airspace. If you get that far beyond the containment area the TERPs experts at the FAA call that an "errant blunder," sort of like AAL 965 at Cali, Colombia.

Also, you are required to make good not less than the required climb gradient of 358'/NM to 3,600, then not less than 200'/NM to 5,000. So, if you do commit the lateral errant blunder you will pass over Mt. Diablo at 5,000 feet, msl.
Pages from CA_KLVK_ILS RWY 25R_A8_S.jpg

8MSc86t.jpg
Mt Diablo is pretty far away. Not sure of your concern. Maybe it just looks close cuz it's so big?

8MSc86t.jpg
As long as you intercept the OAK 060 radial on the missed, the closest you will be getting to Mount Diablo is six miles. If you fail to meet the specified climb gradient, the terrain southeast of it could be a problem, however.

https://skyvector.com/?ll=37.77030765194124,-121.95931434274729&chart=301&zoom=1

Back