Help With An PMA7000B Intercom Issue

ARFlyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
ARFlyer
I have noticed in a few of our newer aircraft, with the PMA7000B panel, some possible intercom issues.

On the ground the intercom sounds okay. You can clearly hear and the sound is nice and some what crisp. However, once airborne the audio becomes quite gainy, full of static, and sharp toned. I can hear the pilot audio ok, but the co-pilot feedback is horrible. Also, my student says that I get cutoff at random times while talking.

The issue does not present itself on the ground, so it's hard to write it up for MX. So, I'm leaning on a failure of the Auto-Squelch system or a bad panel connection.

What happens when you turn off the alternators?

I would highly not suspect the 7000B.

Do you have any portables plugged into the cigarette lighter?

Multiple aircraft, same problem? Does it always follow your headset?

What happens when you turn off the alternators?

I would highly not suspect the 7000B.

Do you have any portables plugged into the cigarette lighter?

Have not tried that trick.

Yes, I had my iPad charging at the time.

Hi ARFlyer (looked at your profile but couldn't find your name), could you please give me a call tomorrow so you and I can figure out and the solve the issues you are having?

My number is 865-988-9800

I'll then report back here what you and I have accomplished for others who might be interest.

Thanks
Mark Scheuer
PS Engineering, Inc.

More evidence of PSE's legendary customer service.

Great products, great support.

Hi ARFlyer (looked at your profile but couldn't find your name), could you please give me a call tomorrow so you and I can figure out and the solve the issues you are having?

My number is 865-988-9800

I'll then report back here what you and I have accomplished for others who might be interest.

Thanks
Mark Scheuer
PS Engineering, Inc.

I'm tried calling this afternoon and your secretary said that you had step out for the day. I can try again tomorrow, if that will work.

Also, I sent you a PM about the issue.

Thanks

I'm tried calling this afternoon and your secretary said that you had step out for the day. I can try again tomorrow, if that will work.

Also, I sent you a PM about the issue.

Thanks
Sorry I missed you. I just sent out an email to my secretary that your call (and all other customers) should be sent to my cell phone. I take pride in being available to our customers.

Yes, please call me tomorrow, I look forward to speaking with you.

Sincerely,
Mark Scheuer
PS Engineering

Andrew...

...that was a PMA7000 series intercom in my plane that your headset wouldn't work with.

I know you've since sent it in and had it "rebuilt" but...

Back