Hello to all

rube740

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Ruby
I'm a new pilot and started my 1st lesson yesterday. Hello to all and I hope to share memories with you all!

Welcome to aviation, open the wallet wide. :D

It does not have to be this way.

I met a man whom told me when he was a young man growing up way way back when. He said Aviators helped other aviators.

He was a CFI-IA. I never knew this. One day I was telling him what I needed and he said, not a problem. After we where done I reached for my wallet and he got kinda ****ed. He said just what are you doing, I said paying you. He said, did I ask. I said no but everyone wants something for this type of work. He laughed and said yes everyone today are greedy little ######.

He said this is the way we did it back in the day and I still do it today this way.

So it does not have to cost an arm and leg. It does not have to be this way. It is what we make it.

I forgot to say welcome. What type of flying are you training for. Meaning are you flying for fun or to make a buck?

I met a man whom told me when he was a young man growing up way way back when. He said Aviators helped other aviators.

He was a CFI-IA. I never knew this. One day I was telling him what I needed and he said, not a problem. After we where done I reached for my wallet and he got kinda ****ed. He said just what are you doing, I said paying you. He said, did I ask. I said no but everyone wants something for this type of work. He laughed and said yes everyone today are greedy little ######.

He said this is the way we did it back in the day and I still do it today this way.

So it does not have to cost an arm and leg. It does not have to be this way. It is what we make it.

I found a nice instructor in 1970 for 3.50 an hour. I am grateful for his being willing to help me get my private pilot's licence. I also had a great deal on a flying club.

Welcome to the world of flying! I am glad that you have taken up the hobby.

:yeahthat:

Welcome to PoA and to aviation. Flight training is fun, exciting, and challenging. There will be rough spots but you will work thru them. Whenever you feel discouraged or uncomfortable with something, be open with your instructor and tell him so he can help you with those particular areas. You will conquer every obstacle...but your instructor needs to know what your obstacles are.
When I was a student (2008) whatever I felt least comfortable with (hoodwork, slow flight etc) that's what we spent extra time on. After that those things were no big deal for me.
So, it will be challenging at times, yet it will always be unbelievably awesome every time.

Back