Hello there!

BalkanPilot

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
BalkanPilot
Greetings,

my name is Hamdovic Asmir and I am a student pilot out of Jacksonville, Florida. I am in the process of taking my private pilot checkride. A little about me, orignally from the Balkans, moved to the states early 2001. I am 22 years old and wish to make flying my career. Late 2013 I was able to finally find ways to pay for flight training and I hooked up with a local flight school, but with working full time and sometimes part time jobs, the actual flying has taken a while. Currently I have about 42 flying hours and I have completed all of my needed flight maneuvers, the only thing left for me to do is to get ready for my check ride and exams. Also, June 12th of this year I am anticipating my star with Aerosim Flight Academy for the professional pilot program. With all of this being said the question I had today was in regards to the written portion of the FAA exam. I posses the King School Private Pilot Kit, as well as the ASA 2014 written exam prep. I have heard a lot about the questions being very similar as in the book, how true is this? I would love to hear opinions, advice and anything that will help me become a better pilot, and a safer pilot, as well as pass my test in the best way possible.

Thank you
photo.php

Are you reading for the exam or knowledge of the principals of flying.the test preps are very close to the exam.

Sorry, can't help you much. Took that test almost 30 years ago and the questions then where almost identical to the study guide. Probably not relevant now. I fly out of Craig so if you need some help with the flying part let me know. I'm not an instructor but I'm currently mentoring a couple of guys your age through their PP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sorry, can't help you much. Took that test almost 30 years ago and the questions then where almost identical to the study guide. Probably not relevant now. I fly out of Craig so if you need some help with the flying part let me know. I'm not an instructor but I'm currently mentoring a couple of guys your age through their PP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hello,
I am sure I will do fine and that the questions I have been reviewing are going to be on the test. As far as the help, I have been thinking about one thing, once I am ready to get signed off, I would like to fly with someone besides my instructor and get a second opinion from someone else so maybe we would be able to do that. With 30 years of experience I am sure you have more then enough advice to offer :) :yes:!

Hello,

I took the Private test in 2011 and the questions in the ASA book were the exact questions that were on the test. Most of the other companies (Gleim, Sheppard Air, etc...) also used the released questions for their books/programs so most of the questions if not all should be the same. I'm unaware of any changes to the private pilot exam so take this with a grain of salt!

Good luck!

Hello,

I took the Private test in 2011 and the questions in the ASA book were the exact questions that were on the test. Most of the other companies (Gleim, Sheppard Air, etc...) also used the released questions for their books/programs so most of the questions if not all should be the same. I'm unaware of any changes to the private pilot exam so take this with a grain of salt!

Good luck!

Awesome, I mean if I am using two good source I am bound to get something right? :yesnod: I have heard good things about Sheppard air, but they start off at the instrument certificate.

The king pilot school prep has a total of about 850 questions as well.

You will be fine if using any of the test preps out there they are pretty much exact replica questions ans answerrs its basically just memorizing the answers after all the test preps im sure you have done. Im sure you can take a mock check ride with another cfi before your ride. Your cfi hasnt mentioned that to you already?

Back