Hello Jason if you're listening

HPNPilot1200

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jason
As some of you *may* have cought on in the FlashChat tonight, John from ACY was headed out from KACY in a Flight Check flight. John knows that I am involved in recording and re-broadcasting ATC messages at LiveATC.net and tonight, he gave me his 'company' frequency in hopes of me being able to receive his transmissions.

Attached are 2 transmissions I received from him from my scanner and complex antenna setup(s)....Hey John, next time I think a shoutout to PoA members in the whole is an order :goofy:

Jason

P.S. Going to sleep now and again, nice to "hear" from you John ;)

Ha! Sorry I kept you up so late. We got pretty busy right after the initial call up and I didn't get the POA "shout out". I'll try to remember to do that next time. If you monitored the whole check then you heard our technician Jean working with the ground folks. She's very good on the radio and is a terrific technician. :D

I like the occasional "shout out."

Once, I was flying friends and family out for $100.00 burger (actually, it was in a Bonaza, so it was more like $200.00 supper), and as I flew near KFTW (Ft. Worth Meacham), up popped none other than our own Dave Taylor (Letsgoflying), checking in with Regional App after taking off for his trip back home to MRF. I recognized his voice and tail number, and gave him a quick "Hi Dave" on freq. He said, "hi" back but had no idea who it was, until he read the post about it here.

Funny, small world (and confusing, too, since that night, we were both up w/ app and both in "zero three victor").

I have heard " is that you joe" quite a few times on CTAF but only once on ATC. Can't imagine ATC is to thrilled with the shout outs unless the freq is absolutly dead. I guess some folks won't mind if you keep it short. I remember more than one time some bozo tying up the ctaf talking about stuff like oh gee wasnt' dinner at Johnny's wonderful last night, blah blah blah.

What is Flashchat?

Anthony said:
What is Flashchat?
Its our live chat system! Just click the "FlashChat" link at the top right of any PoA page! Meet fellow PoA members and talk to them in real time! (If you're lucky there might be someone else there! ;) )

Back