Hello from Oklahoma

damonb

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
damonb
Greetings all. I have been lurking for a few weeks and decided it was time to sign up. I have seen a lot of great information posted and look forward to learning from all of you.

A little about me. I started taking lessons about 2 years ago and finished 1 year ago. I bought a Cessna 152 about three weeks ago and ferried it from KMDW back to KSNL. It was a pretty challenging flight. I hope all my cross countries are not like my ferry flight. I wrote up the details of that flight and will post it in hangar talk later.

While I was taking flight lessons I kept a blog at http://flyinginshawnee.wordpress.com/

Just as a little bit of trivia about my plane that I discovered from the logs. It used to belong to the Keesler AFB flying club from about 1980 to 1993 or so. I was in tech school at Keesler in 1984 and had considered taking lessons when I was there. If I had, I most likely would have flown this very plane. I would be curious to know if anyone here may have flown N4901L at Keesler AFB at some point.

01L is in need of some TLC, but my CFI and mechanic think I got a pretty good deal. It will take some work and money to get 01L back in top condition, but I think it will be worth it.

Last edited:
Greetings all. I have been lurking for a few weeks and decided it was time to sign up. I have seen a lot of great information posted and look forward to learning from all of you.

A little about me. I started taking lessons about 2 years ago and finished 1 year ago. I bought a Cessna 152 about three weeks ago and ferried it from KMDW back to KSNL. It was a pretty challenging flight. I hope all my cross countries are not like my ferry flight. I wrote up the details of that flight and will post it in hangar talk later.

While I was taking flight lessons I kept a blog at http://flyinginshawnee.wordpress.com/

Just as a little bit of trivia about my plane that I discovered from the logs. It used to belong to the Keesler AFB flying club from about 1980 to 1993 or so. I was in tech school at Keesler in 1984 and had considered taking lessons when I was there. If I had, I most likely would have flown this very plane. I would be curious to know if anyone here may have flown N4901L at Keesler AFB at some point.

01L is in need of some TLC, but my CFI and mechanic think I got a pretty deal. It will take some work and money to get 01L back in top condition, but I think it will be worth it.

Welcome.

I did not fly that plane at KAFB but I was stationed on that base in the early 1980's

damonb said:
I bought a Cessna 152 about three weeks and ferried it from KMDW back to KSNL.

Welcome to POA, Damon! I've not flown 01L, but look forward to reading your details of the flight home with "your" plane. I think you left out a word in your post. You bought it about three weeks ago, or three weeks after you finished your lessons?

Back