Hello all

w_privett

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Winnie Privett
Hello, I thought I would sign up here if it's acceptable to join despite having been kicked out of America some 40 years ago. There is a gentleman on the red board who persists in sending me hate mail so I find myself reading little there and looking for another place to keep up on current events in the states.

Hello, I thought I would sign up here if it's acceptable to join despite having been kicked out of America some 40 years ago. There is a gentleman on the red board who persists in sending me hate mail so I find myself reading little there and looking for another place to keep up on current events in the states.

That story begs a little more detail. Do tell...

Another guy (from Illinois IIRC) has suggested that your lack of aviation experience probably disqualifies you from participation here. He further says you didn't teach him squat. :rofl:

Welcome!

Out the bastard that sends you hate mail.

You have great stories. Looking forward to your posts.

Welcome!

Out the bastard that sends you hate mail.

You have great stories. Looking forward to your posts.
yeah that guy is a piece of work, he's sent me the same notes. He's got a problem with anyone white who lived in the apartheid-era south africa. He's evidently not aware of the amount of skin pigment worn by winnie's wife and children. Of course, someone with that frame of mind would probably find fault with that situation as well.

Welcome aboard!

Tell us more about yourself. Bet you like flying, I surely do.

Hey, Winnie!

Welcome to the blue board! I always enjoyed reading your posts on the red board and wondered why you haven't posted there much lately. It's good to see you're still alive and kicking. :)

If they let me stay here, they will let anyone, so I wouldn't worry about it. Yeah, welcome.

Welcome aboard!

Tell us more about yourself. Bet you like flying, I surely do.
I started flying in 1958. I was in the service, a corporal serving among the few remaining cavalry. Yes, calvary. One day I saw a sign for a “flying sergeant” programme. I didn’t know the first thing about aeroplanes but I liked the idea of being a sergeant. Later I was sentenanced to the P38 and eventually escaped to the F-86, moving up the NCO ranks as a maintenance release pilot finally to a commission and guns that worked.

Following the service I helped to develop air freight routes between south africa and south america including the transition to jets. Along the way I spent some time in the States with a short lived aeroplane export company and an even shorter lived 2nd marriage.

Coming home I caught on with a small freight airline and never really left, I still own the certificate and have a few B200's leased out, the only model in our fleet that I cared to keep. About that same time I married the woman I should have started out with.

Along the way I accumulated and restored some toy aeroplanes, a couple of T-6's, an F-86, a mig 15, a BT13, some others of lesser completion, but I rarely fly any of them except one of the T-6 and mostly fly only my trusty aztec. Along with the aztec at my farm, my wife has a cessna 120 and a son-in-law a Decathlon. One of my sons failed the career test and followed me into aviation, he flies for Lufthansa. All of my other children took up respectable professions.

Welcome Winnie! The red board ran Wayne off, now you.:no: I have dual citizenship to post on both boards.:D

Welcome!

Never made it to South Africa but I have seen the lights of Capetown on the horizon from the USS Enterprise close to 50 years ago.

We do have a former South African in our local aviation community. He is totally of European descent but gets a kick out of being able to describe himself as a genuine Afro-American.

Well now. I do believe that, if we are lucky, Mr. Privett may 'ave a few stories to share.

Hoping, I am, in any event!

Welcome to PoA, Winnie.

I went to South Africa about 14 years ago. Quite a trip, learned a lot.

Winnie,

Your story you posted about your life already sounds cool. I'm eager to hear more.

Keep flying!

Back