Helio question

DaytonaLynn

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
One who misses Daytona!
My son in law is a great helicopter fabricator/mechanic. He has his AP, he is working on his IA
He works for a school in Houston after working for a oil company fleet. They were bought out and the craft were sold off.
He would like to move to Florida? Mainly central/south.
Au names of fleets or schools that he could apply to would be greatly appreciated.
I have a vested interest in this, because if he moves the family to Florida, I get to move back!!!

:goofy::goofy:

Bristow Academy in Titusville has a very large fleet.

Tomlinson Aviation in Ormond Beach is a decent sized school also.

Other than that no real big operators that I know of, might be able to check some EMS operations. There some helo schools in Miami area also.

Sikorsky has a large-ish facility in West Palm Beach.

Then there is AAR out of Melbourne, but most of their mechanic-type jobs involve overseas travel.

There is a website called jsfirm.com that can really help in searching for current openings, you could give that a shot for some of the smaller operators.

Thanks guys.
My words fail to tell how much I want to go back to Florida. Sugar Land is nice, but no-where in central tx is it as colorful and green as central Florida. Couple that with the horrid broken down roads I travel I am really hoping the this comes to fruition.

Thanks again:yes:

There's a few sites that list jobs online you might look at. Helicopter Association International (HAI) is at www.rotor.com. Rotor and Wings or Aviation Today has a jobs link www.aviationtoday.com/rw Vertical Reference has a jobs forum www.verticalreference.com And then there is their alternate personality Rotorcraft Pro or justhelicopters.com
I think Bristow Academy boasts over 100 aircraft which is a mix of Robbies and Schweizers. They are connected to an international company which runs oil rig, ems, and SAR ops all over. They just won the Scotland SAR ops. www.heli.com Several of my CFIs are graduates. They speak well of their experiences.

Back