Helicopter Flying

Good post!

I'm reminded of a story that a friend of mine tells. At one time he was in charge of the Penna. State Police aviation unit. Tom Ridge had been recently installed as Governor of the state and there was some kind of natural disaster (I disremember what exactly it was). In any case, the State Police gave Ridge a ride in a Bell 206 to tour the area. My friend, who is fixed wing rated but not rotorcraft rated, was in the left seat, the pilot in the right seat, and Ridge and his assistants were in the back.

When the pilot lifted up, Ridge got on the intercom and said "You know, for the very first time, now I can believe that I'm actually Governor".

Interesting. I used to go out with a lady who had a cousin that flew either air force or marine one and I seem to recall that he couldn't talk about his job. I wonder what changed to allow this article?

Interesting. I used to go out with a lady who had a cousin that flew either air force or marine one and I seem to recall that he couldn't talk about his job. I wonder what changed to allow this article?
Aircrew members of Air Force One have substantial knowledge of that aircraft's classified systems which won't be found on your average 747. Governors hardly warrant the same protective systems.

Aircrew members of Air Force One have substantial knowledge of that aircraft's classified systems which won't be found on your average 747. Governors hardly warrant the same protective systems.

Ken man... the article is about an East Millinocket, Maine native who is a Capt. in the USMC, and flies for Marine One...

Cheers,

-Andrew

the article really doesnt say anything ABOUT the job of flying Marine One, especially from a technical standpoint. Its just about this dude who does fly it.

Ken man... the article is about an East Millinocket, Maine native who is a Capt. in the USMC, and flies for Marine One...
Correct. I was referring to Air Force One. Like Tony said, he gave up no operational information regarding his job. And, there's not a whole lot of space to locate the same protective systems AF1 would carry.

...like the "escape pod." :)

Back