Heisman?

Darren McFadden is my pick. Runner-up last year and he's having a better year this year. Ask LSU if he can be stopped.

Tebow is a sophomore, that does not sit well with most voters, and he just broke his hand and will be out. Injuries = not good for Heisman.

If Missouri beats Oklahoma Chase Daniel wins it.
If Missouri loses to Oklahoma Pat White wins it - provided WVU beats Pitt.

Last edited:
Darren McFadden is my pick. Runner-up last year and he's having a better year this year. Ask LSU if he can be stopped.
McFadden sure upped his stock in the LSU game. But Tebow ... 51 touchdowns, first 20 throw/20 rush touchdowns player ever. 4000+ yards. Whew.

Tebow is a sophomore, that does not sit well with most voters, and he just broke his hand and will be out. Injuries = not good for Heisman.

If Missouri beats Oklahoma Chase Daniel wins it.
If Missouri loses to Oklahoma Pat White wins it - provided WVU beats Pitt.
The sophomore thing is his biggest hurdle. The hand is a non-issue. He played 1.5 quarters with it, and there are 5 weeks before the bowl game, so he won't miss any action at all. Personally, I'd put Daniel and White as dark horse candidates at best.

Chase Daniel looked unflappable against KU this weekend. That game will play HUGE with the voters.

I'm with Ed. If Missou beats OU...then it's his trophy.

Who do you like? My bet is on Tim Tebow.

That kid must be tougher than a $2 steak. Meyer better watch out or he's gonna get him killed.

My bet is he goes pro before he graduates.

Soph-o-more? Never.

I used to be so in-tune with college football. That was back in high school when I had time to watch all the games. Then college came, and all I cared about and had time to care about was my own college team (Penn Quakers, 4 time Ivy League champs and undefeated at home during my college years woo hoo). BFD. Now, married, with kids, Saturdays taken up with chores, birthday parties, and the like, I don't watch college football at all. The Heisman Race is a bunch of names that mean nothing to me.

I miss the old days, when I really knew AND cared who won.

John Capelletti, baby!!!!!

I'm probably going to get panned for even suggesting this, but Mike Hart from Michigan really should have a shot. I know he doesn't, given Michigan's, shall we say lackluster year, but there is a LOT of talent in that guy!

Of course, I was going for Brennan. I liked his name.

Guess y'all saw Tebow was selected! He's gonna have a lot to live up to when playing for the next too years! Assuming he does play college ball two more years.

Best,

Dave

Guess y'all saw Tebow was selected! He's gonna have a lot to live up to when playing for the next too years! Assuming he does play college ball two more years.
Percy Harvin next year. Then Tebow again the year after that. Go Gators!

Attachments

• tebow.JPG
    tebow.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 8
The voting for these awards is pretty interesting. I am involved with tabulating the votes for another Heisman-type award. One year, a well known sportscaster was touting a particular athlete as the "most underrated athlete in the sport". When we got that person's ballot, he didn't even pick the athlete as one of his top 10!

Back