Heart Palpitations and 1st Class Medical

J

Josanders8244

Currently have my private and a 3rd class medical. I decided I want to make a career out of this and began my instrument training and will obviously have to get a 1st class medical in the near future.

A few months ago I got some random heart palpitations. Happened about twice then never again. I ended up going to an urgent care facility for some peace of mind. They did their examination and found nothing wrong. Even gave me an EKG and said it was normal. Chocked it up to any food I ate or too much caffeine. Been fine since and I have had no issues. Im young (24 years old) and have no other health issues that I'm concerned about.

Since the visit has to be disclosed when getting the 1st class medical, I'm interested in knowing the best way to address this. How to disclose it on the form? Urgent care visit on XX/YY, no issues, everything normal?

Anyone have similar issues? I took a quick look at other posts, but many bring up issues with their EKGs or other diagnosed issues.

Get the ED doc's discharge summary. Report it; an ER visit is too huge an insurnace footprint to miss. If what you wrote is borne out by the Doc's entry, this is a yawn.

Get the ED doc's discharge summary. Report it; an ER visit is too huge an insurnace footprint to miss. If what you wrote is borne out by the Doc's entry, this is a yawn.

Thanks for your reply. It wasn't an actual ER visit. Just one of those walk in clinics. Not sure if that makes a difference though. I Sent in the request for the full medical records and notes. Is there a best way to actually write down the visit on the medical form? As in how to word it?

Well a follow up to this. Got the medical records back a lot quicker than I thought I would. Nurse’s notes say everything is normal but also says “feels further evaluation and work up is needed at this time” and that I go to an ER and get a cardiac work up “as soon as possible”. Did not go to an ER or go to any cardiologist since I felt fine. Assuming now this is going to be needed. Not sure the best route to go from here is. Anyone have any similar experience? Can a consult with an AME be done for a first class medical even though I currently have a third class medical? Use a different AME?

What you wrote initially isn't what's in the record, esesentially. This is pretty common.

Methinks you need to see a cardiologist, likely a 24 hour rhythm monitor, and his dissertation.....Remember, you are to the FAA what your doucments say you are....and a doc thinks on record this needs a look-see....you might have blown it off but FAA's not about to.

That's likely all it will amount to......

What you wrote initially isn't what's in the record, esesentially. This is pretty common.

Methinks you need to see a cardiologist, likely a 24 hour rhythm monitor, and his dissertation.....Remember, you are to the FAA what your doucments say you are....and a doc thinks on record this needs a look-see....you might have blown it off but FAA's not about to.

That's likely all it will amount to......

Thanks for your feedback. Doesn't look like a huge deal breaker, just some hoops to jump through. Sounds like my next steps are to schedule a consultation with my AME to review the medical record and get the cardiology work up. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.

Back