heart murmur

U

Unregistered

I have read some of the other posts about heart murmurs and am a little concerned now. I had an innocent murmur as a child. Not one doctor has been able to hear it since although I am not sure if it has resolved or is just that mild. I have been reporting it as previously reported no change since I started flying 15 years ago all with the same AME. I am seeing a new AME in a few weeks and am worried he will have a problem with it even though the last one did not. The only records I have is a letter from a cardiologist when I was five saying it was innocent and dental prophylaxis is not required any longer. Am I worrying over nothing?

I have read some of the other posts about heart murmurs and am a little concerned now. I had an innocent murmur as a child. Not one doctor has been able to hear it since although I am not sure if it has resolved or is just that mild. I have been reporting it as previously reported no change since I started flying 15 years ago all with the same AME. I am seeing a new AME in a few weeks and am worried he will have a problem with it even though the last one did not. The only records I have is a letter from a cardiologist when I was five saying it was innocent and dental prophylaxis is not required any longer. Am I worrying over nothing?

I'm interested in the answer too

OP here:
I suppose the real question is "Can an AME overrule a decision made by a prior one?"

I doubt this is going to be an issue.

It's not a matter of "overruling". It's just about what the AME hears and reports. If you've checked the box 18(for heart) positive in the past, and you've been issued, that fact will show up on the AME's "Prior Medical Exam Summary sheet" and he'll see it has not been an issue.

It's probably not there anymore :)

Thanks! I was basically wondering if he could defer me based on my history even if the past AME's had not. Thanks for clarifying.

Dr. Bruce;

Is it worth the airmen in situations like this obtaining their files/charts from the AME who is retiring?

Dr. Bruce;

Is it worth the airmen in situations like this obtaining their files/charts from the AME who is retiring?
The way to do that is to write, Mr. Jerry Bowen, Librarian, Meidcal Records, PO Box 26200, Oklahoma City, OK 73125 and request your "Blue ribbon Medical Record". They charge after the fact for certified mail to you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back