Heard Of Texas "No Surprise Pricing" question

airheadpenguin

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
airheadpenguin
I've read through the information on the Heart of Texas site, and based on what I understand from others most O-540 field overhauls from overhaul shops go for around 20-30k. Looking at the HOT site, they claim a price of 17k

http://www.heartoftexasaircraftengines.com/NO_SURPRISE_PRICING.html

What am I missing here in the price? Obviously shipping both ways, R&R once the engine arrives from the overhaul.

Are they overhauling to serviceable limits where others are overhauling to new limits?

Some people rail about them, but I know a guy whose 470s were overhauled there, been very good. I believe they do exactly what the overhaul manual requires, and nothing else. Nothing wrong widdat.

I've read through the information on the Heart of Texas site, and based on what I understand from others most O-540 field overhauls from overhaul shops go for around 20-30k. Looking at the HOT site, they claim a price of 17k

http://www.heartoftexasaircraftengines.com/NO_SURPRISE_PRICING.html

What am I missing here in the price? Obviously shipping both ways, R&R once the engine arrives from the overhaul.

Are they overhauling to serviceable limits where others are overhauli new limits?

You get what you pay for. Our material COST for parts and vendor services to do a 540 can easily get to $17K. Charlie Melot Zephyr Engines

Search around, here and on beechtalk. Customer opinions on the proprietor of the business and the value of the 'no suprise' pricing are variable.

You get what you pay for. Our material COST for parts and vendor services to do a 540 can easily get to $17K. Charlie Melot Zephyr Engines

Makes it sound like 'surprises' are possible...

They price a GTISO-520 at $26,500.00 that's about half of what any other shop charges. :yikes: Maybe it's just me, but I'd be real skeptical!;) I am always wary of anything that is too cheap!:D

I've spoken to several people who used zephyr . Nothing but good reports, nice to deal with, excellent results.

Back