Headset Help

loudbagel

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Hummingbird Saltalamacchia
Currently I have a like new Flightcom Denali ANR headset, it is 100% perfect when I have nothing on but the headset. The second I put on sunglasses, or a hat the ANR is almost useless...

80% of my flying is done during day conditions which pretty much requires sunglasses or a hat. I fly 172's, sr22's, and ea500's , so nothing terribly loud but still want the ANR.

If I upgrade to a Bose Av X or something will it be better with the ANR?

Thought and Suggestions!

I may be incorrect, but when you lose the seal around your ears , the ANR becomes ineffective.

Call this place http://www.hidalgos.com/ and tell them you are a pilot and need sunglasses to wear with a headset. The guy who owns the place is a pilot and can help you out. It's not the headset it's the sunglasses that are breaking the ear seal. Hidalgos sells some with very thin temples that don't interrupt the ANR.

Find new sunglasses, doubt the Bose X would be any better. My Ray Ban aviators stay in the glove box unless absolutely necessary which is rare (i hate hats, ear buds, sunglasses etc..) Maybe look into some of those cling on sun visors/tint too.

I switched to Randolph Engineering after 40 yrs with RayBans. Prescription glass lenses from Hildagos.

Back