HEADS UP: Homer Simpson falls in love with flying this weekend...

purdue1014

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Brent
Check your local listings, but I show it as 8:00PM EST on Fox....

Episode Detail: He Loves to Fly and He D'oh's - Simpsons In the 19th-season opener, Homer falls in love with the high life of flying in private planes when he saves Mr. Burns from drowning, and Burns repays him by flying him to Chicago for a night on the town. Lionel Richie has a voice cameo as himself and Stephen Colbert provides the voice for Homer's life coach.

Check your local listings, but I show it as 8:00PM EST on Fox....

Episode Detail: He Loves to Fly and He D'oh's - Simpsons In the 19th-season opener, Homer falls in love with the high life of flying in private planes when he saves Mr. Burns from drowning, and Burns repays him by flying him to Chicago for a night on the town. Lionel Richie has a voice cameo as himself and Stephen Colbert provides the voice for Homer's life coach.
I saw the commercial. Homer is in the left seat wondering why the ground is where the sky is supposed to be.

Sounds like Diana flying over the farm. :)
:D Remember that email that I sent you asking why when in a loop, I looked up through the greenhouse expecting to see the ground and all I saw was sky and I couldn't figure out why I wasn't seeing the ground? :D

Haha, that's great. I guess a fan of the show filed a flight plan or something?

Yabut...

...Flightaware typically gets its information about the aircraft from the registry, so some extra manipulation was called-for. Someone at The Simpsons is av-savvy, and decided that they'd work this detail, perhaps with the folks at Flightaware?

Nice touch!

Saw the episode. It was ok, but more about him loving being pax on corporate jets, not flying. He only ended up flying cause the pilot "didn't think I'd be flying today so I was doing heroin all last night".

The ending was funny. He landed safely, overran the runway, stopped on a dock, then tried to taxi to parking and went in the lake. ;)

Simpsons Heresy! They have never said WHICH Springfield is Homer's Springfield. I think they just had a contest to choose before the movie.

That's true. Turns out it's Springfield, VT...right down the road from where I lived in NH.

That flightaware thing is GREAT!

The Flightaware page definitely had to have someone inside flightaware tinkering with it, it shows an hour and 45 minute flight. Departure time was 7:05 central, I wonder if that's the time that it took off in the episode?

Back