Headed To The Paint Shop..........

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
Anyone know anything about this shop?

http://www.euroairaviation.com/

Dennis seems very knowable and helpful coming up with the design I want. Reasonable price.

I have a wish list of items I want done and not done. We will sign a contrct when I get there. He is working on my buddies RV and will use that experience to make mine better. :D

Any suggestions on what else I should be doing / asking for?

I have talked to a couple of other RV builders he has painted planes for and they have rated their paint jobs as 9's.

Dennis seems very knowable and helpful coming up with the design I want. Reasonable price.

I have a wish list of items I want done and not done. We will sign a contrct when I get there. He is working on my buddies RV and will use that experience to make mine better. :D

I have talked to a couple of other RV builders he has painted planes for and they have rated their paint jobs as 9's.

What kind of price are ya looking at. ??

Looks like a quality place..you might also consider Hillaero in LNK..as a backup consideration. Yes they are not cheap but Doug Hill and company do a 10+ job. good luck...sounds like you have it covered.

Looks like a quality place..you might also consider Hillaero in LNK..as a backup consideration. Yes they are not cheap but Doug Hill and company do a 10+ job. good luck...sounds like you have it covered.

I would love to have Doug paint the plane, they are 5 miles from my house. They have painted 2 planes for me, but now I can't get them to give me a quote, or even return my e-mails or phone calls.:dunno: I think they are in deep trouble. I've tried several times to get them to look at the plane and every time they never follow though, so it's off to WI. Yes, I paid my bills! :yesnod:

Duncan Aviation was the same way, no response to my request for quote, not even a returned phone call.

Top Gun In Aurura seemed to get cold feet when I started talking about their quality.

Last edited:
Just an out-there thought - since it's an experimental, why not look at having a good car painter do it? The wings come off the RV-12 fairly easily, don't they? You could use a nice clear coat system, and I'd bet it would be significantly less expensive, too.

Trapper John

Just an out-there thought - since it's an experimental, why not look at having a good car painter do it? The wings come off the RV-12 fairly easily, don't they? You could use a nice clear coat system, and I'd bet it would be significantly less expensive, too.

Trapper John

Not as much cheaper as you would think...

Trapper John

Some do and have gotten good results, but the problem is the extra weight of the clear coat. Alot of homebuilders do use automotive paint and no clear coat, but fuel stains are common (mogas) and hard if not impossible to clean.

Trapper John

I would personally stick to the linear polyurathane, but car guys can do that too. Dunno what the cost difference would be.

It's easy stuff to spray - I did a 26' boat in Awlgrip - the only problem is it's toxic. Really toxic.

Give me a holler when you come out this way Geico. Reedsburg isn't too far from Madison.

Pete

I would personally stick to the linear polyurathane, but car guys can do that too. Dunno what the cost difference would be.

It's easy stuff to spray - I did a 26' boat in Awlgrip - the only problem is it's toxic. Really toxic.

Catalyzed poly? Not DIY stuff...

Trapper John

Back