hay mucho viento

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Returning home last night it was a little breezy and as I descended, I kept thinking it was just some clouds making the ground lights 'hazy'....but it turned out to be dust. Sure enough, there was another dust storm during the day and presented a sporty, 90° xwind.
This is the highest wind I can recall at this reporting point (~100nm NW of here), in my 19 years here:

KGDP 310600Z AUTO 25053G103KT 8SM UP FEW005 BKN016 OVC021
KGDP 310551Z AUTO 26062G105KT 180V270

no, no! That was at station under the influence of same system, 100miles away...and several hours after I landed.

I have not flown regularily this year but in the last 10 days I have had the joy of going to widely disparate locations...I made a map:

Attachments

• map.JPG
    map.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 32
That is some serious wind -- you landed in that?

Naw, he restricts his landings to 45G60. In Marfa, that's known as a "bit of a breeze."

I bet there were some neat looking Lennies with that kind of wind....

this am I spent a few hours reattaching a couple squares of metal roofing on s.i.l.'s house, they had 60mph winds which peeled it back like an onion!

There actually were some pretty nice looking lenticulars visible, looking south and west from Midland, on Friday. Saturday morning I flew down to Georgetown and still had 45knots on my tail at 7500'.

Back