Have I screwed myself on 3rd class?

Mark_k

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Mark_k
Was thinking of getting my 3rd class medical again, lapsed a few years back. My doctor has me on medication for blood pressure and high cholesterol. She also had me do a stress test and a CT scan due to family history. Will any of this have an issue with me getting my 3rd class back? Thanks

Depends on the results of the stress test but high blood pressure and cholesterol meds in and of themselves should not stop you.

Are you eligible for basicmed?

I think so, I’d have to look up the requirements again.

There is a specific list of meds you can take that the faa accepts

It the stress is adequate and very negative, none of these will be issues. DO BE SURE to obtain the EKG tracings (all 30 f them), the tech's worksheet and the formal report.

To be successful you need to run the heart rate to 90 % of (220-Age) for your max heart rate and get through the ninth minute.

It the stress is adequate and very negative, none of these will be issues. DO BE SURE to obtain the EKG tracings (all 30 f them), the tech's worksheet and the formal report.

To be successful you need to run the heart rate to 90 % of (220-Age) for your max heart rate and get through the ninth minute.

In the case of the OP, why would the stress test even need to be mentioned to the FAA, if the OP's doc thought result was ok, regardless of what the FAA would think about it? OP's doc requested it be done due to family history, not a CAD symptom. OP stated he was prescribed for BP and cholesterol meds. Neither of those by themselves would trigger an FAA requirement for a stress test for a Class 3, if the doc gave a letter saying "well tolerated and controlled" correct?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back