Has he lost his mind?

Frank,

Since it is yours, may I ask a favor? I'm really taken with the paint scheme on it. Simple, classic, nice colors. I need to paint my little Honda (Rebel 250) this winter. Can I beg a close up of the bike (tank)? That is, if you don't mind a distant cousin looking like your bike.

Thanks!

And Bill;

Pete called the dealer yesterday afternoon. They are down to 4-2004 models, all in black. So, it looks like we'll have a black one, in about three weeks. yippeee!!!

DeeG said:
Pete called the dealer yesterday afternoon. They are down to 4-2004 models, all in black. So, it looks like we'll have a black one, in about three weeks. yippeee!!!

Have fun with Herr Boxer!

DeeG said:
Since it is yours, may I ask a favor? I'm really taken with the paint scheme on it. Simple, classic, nice colors. I need to paint my little Honda (Rebel 250) this winter. Can I beg a close up of the bike (tank)? That is, if you don't mind a distant cousin looking like your bike.

Sure, no problem. I don't have anything particularly closeup on the tank available right now but I'll have it home in a few days (wx permitting) to go on a little mystery adventure ride. I'll take some pictures and PM you the link and we can get more specific ones if necessary.

When you do the painting, let me know how it goes. I'm planning on having mine stripped down to metal and repainted (everything including the frame) when I do the restoration. I'm not beyond taking a short vacation to have someone do it right the first time.

Or how about chasing the mosquito truck? In fact, riding in the back of a pickup truck?! For that matter, as an elementary school student, walking at least a mile to and from school every day, with no adult supervision? (Can you imagine a 5th grader doing that nowadays?)

My, how times have changed.

Jim

DeeG said:

Exciting, Dee, but oh...the cream ones always catch my eye. I guess if I had the choice of black or nothing, it'd definitely be black.

jshawley said:
Or how about chasing the mosquito truck?

wow. I remember visiting my Grandma and cousins in Crystal City, MO, and remember the mosquito truck and that big thick cloud of blue/grey smoke. We used to run and dance thru it. Hmmm.

p8cleared2land said:
Exciting, Dee, but oh...the cream ones always catch my eye. I guess if I had the choice of black or nothing, it'd definitely be black.

Find a good Harley painter that doesn't mind working on sausage grinders and you could have a cream one...

etsisk said:
Petra, only one explanation: they just didn't like ya.

LOL...ok Tom. All this time I thought I was the favorite...*sob*

Well. You've always been there for me in the past...keep up the blunt honesty. :D

Bill Jennings said:
Find a good Harley painter that doesn't mind working on sausage grinders and you could have a cream one...

Well, one of the body shops that pete does business with was just sold to a 'young guy' so the 'old guy' can retire. We met the 'young guy' last week and guess what? He specializes in painting bikes. He really loves doing flames, but flames aren't really my thing. He'll get the Rebel this winter and we'll see about the R1200C. The black is kinda growing on me.

Back