Has anyone heard from any of these people?

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Aviation is a scary thing sometimes. When I see people I have talked to in the past not post in a while, I get a bit freaked out. Browsing through the user lists, I found some names of people who haven't even logged in for months. Does anyone have any update on the following people (just a simple "They're OK" is fine, unless you care to elaborate).

I'll edit and bold as I find out info in case any one else is curious.

T-Bone: Posted!
Carol: Seen in chat recently
John J
Whirlwind - emailed recently
TDKendall
Terry Miller - Active on Red Board
Silicon Rallye
sshekels: alive and well as of a month ago
Moxie: Alive and well, on the Babes boards
Jim Chumley
kellyo: seen about a month ago
Brian Austin: seen on IM from time to time
sierra: alive and well, on the Babes boards

Sorry for the long list, but if anyone has any information, I'd like to know. I have chatted with, or met with, each of these people.

Last edited:
Moxie and Sierra are both alive and well on the Babes boards.........

I talk to Carol via email every now and then and sometimes we
meet up for lunch when we're both in Miami at the same time.

I had dinner with Serria last night. She is also fine and well.

What I want to know is how are you doing SH? Any more bullets?

Last edited:
I talked to Scott Shekels about a month ago. AFaIK he's alive and well but busy.

LarryO has been posting on the red board lately.

lancefisher said:
I talked to Scott Shekels about a month ago. AFaIK he's alive and well but busy.

LarryO has been posting on the red board lately.

I don't recall evey seeing Larry O (Olsen) over here; did I miss it? He's on the Beechlist and pops in on the red board. Speak with him often.

Best,

Dave

What's happened to our Aussie friend? Haven't seen him on here lately; not much on the Red Board either.

Best,

Dave

Anyone seen or heard from "Bootsy"

Since she moved up here and bought the new house she hasn't been around much.

NC19143 said:
Anyone seen or heard from "Bootsy"

Since she moved up here and bought the new house she hasn't been around much.
Hi Tom,

I talked to Dian about 2 weeks ago. She is doing fine in the new house.

Tell Barb I said Hi :)

How about Toby Speed? She hasn't been here in a good while.

Toby was on flashchat a few weeks ago.

Bill Jennings said:
How about Toby Speed? She hasn't been here in a good while.

I talked to Toby on flash chat. She's doing well,and apparantly has the problems with Swee' Pea all fixed too.

I had an email exchange with Whirlwind not too long ago- sold his 172s and helicopter, bought a Twin Comanche (last I heard).

AFAIK T Bone is doing well. Spoke with him last month. Could be working somewhere (contracting) which would explain the prolonged absence from online.

DeeG said:
Moxie and Sierra are both alive and well on the Babes boards.........

Sorry for the thread diversion, but what are the "Babes boards"?

you can also click on their name and when their profile comes up, you can see the last time they were logged onto the boards. Some folks will check in, but are too busy to post or something, so they seem 'absent', when really they're just keeping their mouth shut . . . a very un-pilot-like thing to do!! :D

Holy thread resurrection!
Hi Nick, thanks for wondering :D

I have indeed been a bit busy, so I'll write a bit here to catch up with some old friends.

William actually told me of this thread in an IM, and I tried to reply. But we had a terrible internet connection at that time, and my computer was working badly to boot.... and after a lengthy reply was mostly written, my computer shut down and the post vanished into cyberspace! Sorry it has taken so long for me to get back to it :redface: .

I was in Baghdad, Iraq at that point, working on the new US Embassy :yes: (was there for about 4 1/2 months), working 70-80 hours a week. Before that, I was simply working when I could, and following other interests. Between watch forums, firearms forums and other flying forums, I got a bit "forum weary".

I'd also not flown in about about a year when I found out I'd be going to Baghdad, and though I wanted to get back in the air, I needed to concentrate on my upcoming travel.

I got back from Iraq just over 4 weeks ago, took about three weeks to get readjusted (8 hour time difference) to life back in free America (and get rid of a persistant upper respiratory infection I carried home from the middle east). Then, I bought a nice used car on eBay, and flew (commercial) to California to pick it up!

I'm now on vacation in California, and will be leaving for Las Vegas next week to work there for a couple months or so.

Flying? Yep, I FINALLY (after 19 months!) got back in the air this past week, flying tail draggers out of Santa Paula, a neat little airport nestled between some low mountains. Got my BFR, then today, I got my tialwheel endorsement :yes: . Flew a Citabria for most flights, a Decathalon once when the Citabria wasn't available. Tailwheel=big fun! Hell, getting back in the air (other than as cargo in a C-130 :p ) was big fun!

I'll try to get around more often (can't hope to keep up with all the posts here though!). Definitely will be flying more now!

Does anyone have any update on the following people (just a simple "They're OK" is fine, unless you care to elaborate).

Terry Miller
Terry is active on the red board. He's busy flying pipeline in southern Louisiana. He's been helping me with my route across that part of the country on my meandering flight in May. I didn't realize I had planned on flying across such a big expanse of nothing but alligators and swamp land and marshes with nowhere to land safely. :eek:

Holy thread resurrection!

Heh, I am very glad you came back from Iraq with only an upper respitory infection!!

There are still 4 people missing, 6 months after the post...

Back