Harrison Ford is a Good (...and, yes, still attractive) Pilot

Cajun_Flyer

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Cajun Flyer
I recently met Harrison Ford at an Aero Club of New England event, where he was presented the Godfrey L. Cabot Award for his "pioneering efforts to promote aviation to the youth of America." I shared my write up on the event and thoughts on him as a pilot on Facebook, but figured I would share it here as well...

Harrison Ford is a Good Pilot... and I'm not just saying that because he's still hot at 74
Once upon a time, in a galaxy far, far away… called Heaven, a beautiful specimen of a man was created. God came to his mother in a dream, telling her about His upcoming Gift to Women and advised her to name the boy Harrison, as no other name would be even remotely cool enough to suit him.
continue reading...

General Aviation is far from thriving, and I hate to see us lose an ambassador like him because of media dramatization of stories and the ignorant masses who gobble it up. While there is little defense for the taxiway incident, he's done a lot for our community and hopefully he sticks with us continuing to do so.

Plus he's still nice to look at.... ;)

Speaking of ambassadors for aviation, who is going to take the Monkey from me at Oshkosh?!

I recently met Harrison Ford at an Aero Club of New England event, where he was presented the Godfrey L. Cabot Award for his "pioneering efforts to promote aviation to the youth of America." I shared my write up on the event and thoughts on him as a pilot on Facebook, but figured I would share it here as well...

Harrison Ford is a Good Pilot... and I'm not just saying that because he's still hot at 74
Once upon a time, in a galaxy far, far away… called Heaven, a beautiful specimen of a man was created. God came to his mother in a dream, telling her about His upcoming Gift to Women and advised her to name the boy Harrison, as no other name would be even remotely cool enough to suit him.
continue reading...

General Aviation is far from thriving, and I hate to see us lose an ambassador like him because of media dramatization of stories and the ignorant masses who gobble it up. While there is little defense for the taxiway incident, he's done a lot for our community and hopefully he sticks with us continuing to do so.

Plus he's still nice to look at.... ;)

Speaking of ambassadors for aviation, who is going to take the Monkey from me at Oshkosh?!

needs it's own thread!

Sort of like if gulfstream girl was an old man.

And could do the Kessel run in 14 parsecs.

Had to google who she was. First story that popped up was pretty sick. Yikes.
I went down that rabbit hole of reading once. It's all circumstantial and nothing came about it. It's not like she was the one forcing minors to sleep with anybody. It was mostly "reported" by UK bloggers who didn't seem to understand that you can't use 5A to get out of questions you just don't want to answer? Even if it was true, it would appear as if she had nothing to do with anything.

I went down that rabbit hole of reading once. It's all circumstantial and nothing came about it. It's not like she was the one forcing minors to sleep with anybody. It was mostly "reported" by UK bloggers who didn't seem to understand that you can't use 5A to get out of questions you just don't want to answer? Even if it was true, it would appear as if she had nothing to do with anything.

You did not get that far down the rabbit hole then.

Have a quick and dirty synopsis of what I'm missing?

Here we go:

So Epstein (the billionare and now convicted sex offender) had a personal assistant that did the coordination for these sexual favors while in Florida, named Sarah Kellen. She's essentially the pimp. GG was the bisexual facilitator to lure the girls, and a personal prostitute to Epstein. The rest of the players were the actual complainants; one of them being 16 years old at the time of the exchange, which is why the guy went to prison. Upon his conviction, GG changes her last name by shortening from Marcinkova to Marcinko, in order to avoid the stink following her into her mickey mouse aviation brand gig.

So, the aviation connection here is that black jet you see her in pictures all the time. That was Epstein's jet. People get originally interested in her social media, up-talking about how she has a turbine job at like min commercial hours, but her name doesn't immediately pop up red flags because she changed it. Then people do the math and bam, it all gets connected. She's the same girl, and stands to reason it'd be that jet in particular, as Epstein was bankrolling her jet training and job. This obviously hurts her brand as a so-called female aviation role model. The final nail in the coffin is when Gulfstream (the aerospace company) gets smart and SUES her to stop using their moniker, something she had done for years prior to the Epstein case, without them complaining mind you. She immediately goes from Gulfstream Girl to Global Girl. But then you have simps on here suggesting she's not the girl, the change to global girl is not related to the injunction, and we're just a bunch of haters of the "laayyydees!".

So that's as short as I can make it for you. If you are a pilot and have a daughter, it behooves you to understand the context, and subtext, of cases like this. The reason why @DavidWhite is calling you out, is because your visceral response tends to align to the thirsty beta simps that tend to white knight anything with a vagina that claims aviation affiliation. I'm not saying that's your motivation, but that's how your response comes across, as another thirsty white knight. The reason people like me have a bone to pick with this accessory to sexual assault, is because she pretends to speak from a position of mentorship to females in aviation, and some people are too stupid or thirsty to know better. I have a son, not a daughter, but it's tough enough for legitimate females in the profession to not be accused of taking shortcuts as a function of their anatomy; having an actual prostitute and uncharged accessory to underage rape as your self-appointed social media archetype of millennial female pilots is a bridge too far for me.

Sorry for the thread de-rail, but this walking on eggshells because "female" is something I cannot stand about this story. Now back to harrison ford and whatever...

The reason people like me have a bone to pick with this accessory to sexual assault, is because she pretends to speak from a position of mentorship to females in aviation, and some people are too stupid or thirsty to know better.

There are plenty of amazing female aviators out there to be inspired by and she is quite far from being one of them. It's telling that I had no idea who she even was, yet all the guys here seem to... appears she markets based on her looks and that's just not something that sells to other women (well, those of us who don't swing that way). Her Facebook page is basically just a puddle of man drool (all the comments :rolleyes:)

Now back to harrison ford and whatever...

Yes, please. If you guys want a thread about Gossip Girls or Gilmore Girls or whatever chick flicks you're watching, please start one.

Here we go:

So Epstein (the billionare and now convicted sex offender) had a personal assistant that did the coordination for these sexual favors while in Florida, named Sarah Kellen. She's essentially the pimp. GG was the bisexual facilitator to lure the girls, and a personal prostitute to Epstein. The rest of the players were the actual complainants; one of them being 16 years old at the time of the exchange, which is why the guy went to prison. Upon his conviction, GG changes her last name by shortening from Marcinkova to Marcinko, in order to avoid the stink following her into her mickey mouse aviation brand gig.

So, the aviation connection here is that black jet you see her in pictures all the time. That was Epstein's jet. People get originally interested in her social media, up-talking about how she has a turbine job at like min commercial hours, but her name doesn't immediately pop up red flags because she changed it. Then people do the math and bam, it all gets connected. She's the same girl, and stands to reason it'd be that jet in particular, as Epstein was bankrolling her jet training and job. This obviously hurts her brand as a so-called female aviation role model. The final nail in the coffin is when Gulfstream (the aerospace company) gets smart and SUES her to stop using their moniker, something she had done for years prior to the Epstein case, without them complaining mind you. She immediately goes from Gulfstream Girl to Global Girl. But then you have simps on here suggesting she's not the girl, the change to global girl is not related to the injunction, and we're just a bunch of haters of the "laayyydees!".

So that's as short as I can make it for you. If you are a pilot and have a daughter, it behooves you to understand the context, and subtext, of cases like this. The reason why @DavidWhite is calling you out, is because your visceral response tends to align to the thirsty beta simps that tend to white knight anything with a vagina that claims aviation affiliation. I'm not saying that's your motivation, but that's how your response comes across, as another thirsty white knight. The reason people like me have a bone to pick with this accessory to sexual assault, is because she pretends to speak from a position of mentorship to females in aviation, and some people are too stupid or thirsty to know better. I have a son, not a daughter, but it's tough enough for legitimate females in the profession to not be accused of taking shortcuts as a function of their anatomy; having an actual prostitute and uncharged accessory to underage rape as your self-appointed social media archetype of millennial female pilots is a bridge too far for me.

Sorry for the thread de-rail, but this walking on eggshells because "female" is something I cannot stand about this story. Now back to harrison ford and whatever...
I appreciate the synopsis. No intention to white knight by any stretch, I just hadn't found anything that got that far, so it initially looked like typical Internet too-early-hysteria. A few key bits fill in the gaps that make the whole situation make sense, exactly as you described -- especially the rename, out of the blue, after years of use.

Back to the original post, nice event and thx. Us Geezers appreciate the fact that life doesn't end at 60-70-80-........

Cheers

We had an engineer for gulfstream who used to be on this forum. He contacted his legal department, they formed their own conclusion, and she became Global Girl.

It's telling that I had no idea who she even was, yet all the guys here seem to... appears she markets based on her looks and that's just not something that sells to other women

Not really. It's got more to do with your longevity on this site. Interest in GG peaked before you joined. Not a slam on you, mind you.

Not really. It's got more to do with your longevity on this site. Interest in GG peaked before you joined. Not a slam on you, mind you.

Why would you think I would take that as a slam? Her FB page is pretty hoppin', so appears her reach extends far beyond POA.

Anyway, I was just guessing that since I've never heard of her and never heard her mentioned among other female pilots or in any 99s meetings that her marketing isn't aimed at women.

I was driving home, and had this post in mind, and had a mini "*I* was the one meeting Harrison Ford" fantasy.

I had just gotten out of an airplane, after parking it at Airventure, when I lock eyes with the guy getting out of his plane at the exact same time right across from me; but it's Harrison Ford!

I say "Mr. Ford, it's an honor to share the field with you sir!". He says something rugged yet handsome back in an offhand way. Then *I* get to say "I have just one question Mr. Ford... (pretends to peer into his aircraft) Where's Chewie...? Or would you say you're flying..."

"DON'T say it." He snaps back. "CHEWIE! Get out of the plane, we've got a show to catch."

And Chuy Bravo climbs out, holding sectionals, and follows him to a nearby hangar.

Why would you think I would take that as a slam?
No logical reason why I would think that. But some folks around here have taken offense to some things that weren't really offensive. Maybe someone would find the comment that they had not been around here that long as some kind of slight. I certainly did not mean it to be so perceived.

No, talking about the instant topic shift to someone with greater V.E. than me ;)

nobody's fault but your own! I KID, I KID.......it's truly embarrassing to watch the swooning on her posts or the other chick that used to post here with nothing productive to add but "please pay attention to me".

nobody's fault but your own! I KID, I KID.......it's truly embarrassing to watch the swooning on her posts or the other chick that used to post here with nothing productive to add but "please pay attention to me".
If it's the one I'm thinking of, she started out better than that but quickly devolved and it took a while for folks to catch on.

"Man drool", that cracked me up, somebody bring me a bucket.

Are you saying that Gulfstream Girl posted here?

Are you saying that Gulfstream Girl posted here?

no, it was some other, really obnoxious chick that posted something stupid and led to a massive amount of swooning and ridiculous replies out of a surprisingly large audience here. basically, she reeled them in, hook line and sinker.

There are girls here at PoA? You're sure? I'm thinking it's just 6pc's voice is a little higher pitched that most. But no girls here that I've seen.

Back to the topic at hand though. I've always enjoyed his movies, except the SWs stuff. I was never into sci-if. And I've appreciated what he's done to promote GA. He seems to be a good person... I didn't appreciate people ragging on him for the last bit of drama. He owned up to his error quickly and publicly, something he didn't have to do. Something most on here probably wouldn't do. I know if it was me I'd clam up and just hope people forgot about it. I appreciate the OP sharing some positive comments. Thanks.

Des,

I think your post was spot on. Women have their mental image of the ideal man just like we males do of attractive women. Attractiveness/beauty
is in they eye of the beholder.

Hang in there girl and don't let us men get you down. Hang tough. Testosterone does not rule.You have proven yourself. There is no need for apology for being a woman. You are a pilot and our equal on the forum.

Attachments

• ACA592 7-8Jul2017.png
    ACA592 7-8Jul2017.png
    420 KB · Views: 11
No, talking about the instant topic shift to someone with greater V.E. than me ;)

Meh. My reference to GG was more a mildly satirical commentary on the description in the title of the thread of Harrison Ford as an "attractive" pilot. Nothing wrong with finding someone attractive. Seems women do, too.

Back