Happy Holiday, POA!

I'm old, but sounds like not quite as old as some others here. HP-41, and have to admit that I like the HP-42 better. There's a great HP-42 free emulator for android.

41s were popular at GT, and lots of folks did synthetic programming and hot-rodded them with faster clocks. When I started working and needed a new calculator, though, I wanted something I could easily slide into a pocket, and the 15C gave a lot of punch for its size.

Wherever it is, it probably still works. Those things are immortal.
Indeed! I've got an HP-16C (programmers calculator based on the same platform) that I bought ~1985. Still works just fine.

I'm old, but sounds like not quite as old as some others here. HP-41, and have to admit that I like the HP-42 better. There's a great HP-42 free emulator for android.

Good news! There’s now a 15C emulator for Android! “JRPN15C” Seems to work okay so far.

My first HP calculator was a 28C, which was the foldout with a graphic display. I really liked it but it finally bit the big one when the plastic case broke away at the battery holder (bad trait among 'newer' HP's.) I replaced it with a 42S. For a simple number cruncher it's hard to beat. I still have it.

But I rarely use it. I use the Excalibur RPN calculator on my home and work computers. I'm too cheap and lazy to buy the little button batteries for it.

I used a buddy's 48GX with a survey pack to take the California civil PE with. It saved my arse. I didn't have a background in surveying other than the prep coursework.

Back