Happy Birthday Toby

Shipoke

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
shipoke
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOBY. :cheers: Hope your having a GOOD one ,and wishing you many more. :yes:
Dave G:blueplane:

Last Activity: March 5th, 2007 01:48 PM

I'm guessing she's not gonna see this.

Toby's really cool. Let's get her back.

Happy Birthday, Tobes!

Is an abduction in order Spike?

Where is she hanging out lately? I know she was working on a new book and needed some time for that. But then she just fell off the edge of the world.

Toby is still up in NY. I speak to her a couple of times a year. She has gotten so many messages from everyone. She will post here shortly. Lets threaten to annoy her till she comes back. Hopefully she will make the flybq this year.

Thank you for the birthday wishes, everyone. I got so many emails from PoA friends today, it made me all sad and happy at the same time. I started to answer them, but they kept coming in and I knew I wouldn't be able to get to them all, so here I am. I miss my ol' crowd -- how are you all?

Well, this birthday was a palindrome for me, as it was for my youngest daughter, who was born on the same date many moons later. Every 11 years we celebrate the palindromic phenomena of our mutual birthdays together. You may be able to figure this out. :)

Hope everyone is well and out flying these days. I've sold Swee'pea (too expensive and required too much mechanical knowhow for my comfort level), but will be investigating other ways to fly when spring comes. The FBO at my airport has some nice LSA's that they are forming flying clubs around -- a possibility.

Miss your posts on here Toby. Hope all is well. Hard to believe how long it's been since you've posted. Have a wonderful BD,

Best,

Dave (who's a real sucker for independent, bright, attractive, women!!)

Last edited:
I hope you had a good birthday Toby and I've missed you. Hope to see you soon in one of the fly-in. You just say the word and I'll go pick you up, NY or Vermont, 1 or 2 passengers, it doesn't matter. :cheerswine:

Gil

Thank you for the birthday wishes, everyone. I got so many emails from PoA friends today, it made me all sad and happy at the same time. I started to answer them, but they kept coming in and I knew I wouldn't be able to get to them all, so here I am. I miss my ol' crowd -- how are you all?

Well, this birthday was a palindrome for me, as it was for my youngest daughter, who was born on the same date many moons later. Every 11 years we celebrate the palindromic phenomena of our mutual birthdays together. You may be able to figure this out. :)

Hope everyone is well and out flying these days. I've sold Swee'pea (too expensive and required too much mechanical knowhow for my comfort level), but will be investigating other ways to fly when spring comes. The FBO at my airport has some nice LSA's that they are forming flying clubs around -- a possibility.

33 with an 11 year old daughter. Cooool.

Hope the LSA route works out for you. You're too competent not to stay active.

And, you did see this ...... ;)

Hey Toby!! I'm making an exception to my "don't post in birthday threads" rule. We miss you. Hope you had a great birthday!

I've sold Swee'pea (too expensive and required too much mechanical knowhow for my comfort level), but will be investigating other ways to fly when spring comes. The FBO at my airport has some nice LSA's that they are forming flying clubs around -- a possibility.

Good to hear from you Toby! Bummer about Swee'pea.. I'm sure you will find a way to get back in the air!

Happy Birthday :cheerswine: (belated!)

Gary

Thank you...Gary, Chip, Steve, Ed, Gil, Dave S., Adam, Scott, Spike, Frank, Diana, Dave G. Your messages are so encouraging and so needed on this end! Even my boyfriend is bugging me to get up in the air already because, as he says, when I'm happy, he's happy. You can imagine what a grump I've been. I haven't flown in six months, but of course I look up every time I hear anything buzzing and have started tuning in NY Approach from my kitchen table. What does that say about me??

Anyway, if any of you are planning a trip to my area and would like someone to fly right seat, please give me a call, I would love to go. No flight too big or too small. (Gil, I take you up on your offer! Let's plan something.)

George just said to me, let's go out to the airport and post something on the bulletin board looking for flying partners. Man of action, and he's right.

Even my boyfriend is bugging me to get up in the air already because, as he says, when I'm happy, he's happy.

He gets good grades for wanting to fly and for understanding the age old "if she ain't happy, nobodys happy" statement. It took me forever to learn that.

Good to see you posting Toby.

Happy Belated Birthday, Toby!

You seem to be a legend around here. So, don't let those mean lawyers keep ya away!

You seem to be a legend around here.

Well maybe a legend, but certainly one of the sweetest and kindest people I have met. ALSO, the organizer of the great Lancaster PA (LNS) fly-in a few years ago. One of the most fun days I can remember!

Photo compliments of Toby & Bob's Raven.

Gary

Attachments

• crowd%205.jpg
    crowd%205.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 18
Well maybe a legend, but certainly one of the sweetest and kindest people I have met. ALSO, the organizer of the great Lancaster PA (LNS) fly-in a few years ago. One of the most fun days I can remember!

Photo compliments of Toby & Bob's Raven.

Gary

Close, Gary. That picture was one that Toby took from the R22 which we sold in December. The tower supervisor was great -- I called on my cell phone beforehand and told him what we wanted to do. It came off very, very well!

Dangit. I'm a few days late but well, that seems to be the way of things lately for some reason...

Anyway: Happy Birthday Toby.

We miss you around here.

Frank.

Back