Happy Birthday Spike

Thanks, guys. Any day I get to fly, is a good day, so today's a good day!

Plus, I went to the beach. And I drank beer and ate fried seafood.

Life is good!

There's a beach in Dallas? :)

Nope, but there's on heckuva beach at Pensacola, Florida! :yes:

Not to mention, about 20 different Navy airfields in the airspace, and some of the most interesting traffic calls.

Yeah, I saw that you were in Pensacola in another thread... my bad. You should extend your birthday celebration by flying a Bonanza down to Houston on 8/18 for our Bonanza fly-in... we might even sing to ya! ;)

Yeah, I saw that you were in Pensacola in another thread... my bad. You should extend your birthday celebration by flying a Bonanza down to Houston on 8/18 for our Bonanza fly-in... we might even sing to ya! ;)

OK, PJ, dish some more details, I *might* be able to pull something off... tight timing, but...

...what are hours, is there parking there (ie, would I land and ask to taxi to the 1940 terminal, get marshaled in, etc.).

I actually will be in Houston area for the 18th, for another event, so maybe I sweet-talk the wife, change from a Cardinal RG to a Bonanza for the trip (and explain why it's worth the extra couple-hundred bux to do so)...

Okay... the 1940 Air Terminal Museum is dedicating it's August Wings & Wheels event to a Beech Bonanza Birthday Bash, where we are inviting anyone with a Bonanza to fly in on that day. We do have parking on the ramp in front of the museum, so when you fly in, just ask to park at the air museum. I also recommend requesting runway 17/35 if conditions permit, as that will give you the shortest taxi to the museum, and also the best landing photo-op (there is a group of photographers that frequents our event each month). The museum is on the west side of the airport, on taxiway G, between the two Continental maintenance hangars. The event starts at about 10:00a, and starts wrapping up at about 3:30 - 4:00p. If you're going to be there for the weekend, I can see what I can do about finding some hangar space for you. Admission is $5 for adults and $2.50 for kids 12 and under if you fly in, and that gets you access to the museum, static displays, and lunch.

Even if you can't get a Bo, you should still stop by... we'll welcome any plane you bring and I'd love to meet a fellow PoAer in person. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Back