Happy Birthday FlyNE!

have a great one Jason, hope you have a good flight today with the wife.

Happy Birthday Jason....................Have a GREAT one. :cheerswine:

Happy B-Day Jason. Hope your flying destination is/was great!

Happy B-day Jason!! Hope you have a good one!

Tell Jesse to sing you happy B day and share the cookies he made last night.

Cheers!
Tristan

Happy Birthday Jason!!! :cheers:

If KC Downtown is NOTAMed closed, can you still fly your helicopter there? ;)

Happy Birthday, Jason!

I need to ping you about getting a "NSLU2 in a nutshell."

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone! It was a great birthday. Flew a total of 3.1 in the mighty C-150. Our trip was from KLNK to KFLV and after landing we took a taxi to a little town called Weston, MO. It was a neat trip...despite the winds.

wow thats practically heroic Jason. If winds were anything out there like they were here. Itd be tough to make much headway in a 150 :) glad you had fun!

Tony did you fly from point A to B and back to A without changing headings?

I flew backwards for the first time the other day in a 152 during slowflight, wow....thats freaky!

Why didn't you take the cherokee Jason? And why in the world is the push to talk switch on the panel in that cessna? It took me and jess a grand total of 30 seconds to figure out how to talk!

no i was commenting on Jason, i didnt fly today. He said he took a 150 or 152 or something

Tony did you fly from point A to B and back to A without changing headings?

I flew backwards for the first time the other day in a 152 during slowflight, wow....thats freaky!

Why didn't you take the cherokee Jason? And why in the world is the push to talk switch on the panel in that cessna? It took me and jess a grand total of 30 seconds to figure out how to talk!

Well, I wasn't sure if it was going to be available. They do this weird thing where they start counting down their 100 hour and when it get close they tell you that it might be in the shop. I don't understand why they don't say "huh, it's at 92 hours and it's not scheduled for the next day...we'd better get it in." Instead they just tell you that "as of 8/20 it had 8 hours to go. It might not be legal to fly if it hits before this weekend." :dunno::dunno:

wow thats practically heroic Jason. If winds were anything out there like they were here.
They were...
tonycondon said:
Itd be tough to make much headway in a 150 :) glad you had fun!

...and it was. :yes:

The biggest thing was getting up out of the bumps. Gotta keep the passengers happy!

Jason,
As we told Brook, we were out of town and without internet access this weekend. Glad you had a good birthday, and glad that you too managed to go flying! (Unlike us!)

Well, I wasn't sure if it was going to be available. They do this weird thing where they start counting down their 100 hour and when it get close they tell you that it might be in the shop. I don't understand why they don't say "huh, it's at 92 hours and it's not scheduled for the next day...we'd better get it in." Instead they just tell you that "as of 8/20 it had 8 hours to go. It might not be legal to fly if it hits before this weekend." :dunno::dunno:

Jeeze, why not just do the 100 hour work on Friday? Oh. Silly me. That's means they can't wring money out of all 100 hours.

THIS is one reason you buy a plane.

Think of the 100 hour as an annual. They poke and prod everything on the plane so if something isn't going to pass the annual, well, it won't pass the 100 hour and gets fixed. The delaying tactic is so they can keep renting the plane to NON-students who take less resources and return bigger revenue. Owners aren't restricted by the 100 hour service but count towards the 100 hour total. They get to run it over the weekend without the downtime since the shop works 9-5 monday through friday.
My FBO strung out the 100 hour for a week.
Oh.... By the way... HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Even if I'm a day late.

A belated Happy Birthday, Jason!!!!!!

Back