Happy Birthday Elizabeth!

thanks! well, so far today I'm still at work but I've got various plans all week and next so it's all good. :)

I PMed you a private one, but here's a public one...

Happy Birthday Elizabeth!

:cheers: :happydance: :wineglass:

thanks ya'll!

Tim, sounds good! Not sure about timing before I leave for HH because I literally have plans every night and I'm away this wkd as well. (birth day - try birth weeks!) But I appreciate the offer, I'll try to figure something out before I go. I think you live close by...

My gosh it is the 20th already. Well...

Happy Birthday:cheers::happydance:

And here is a little something for the big day :D

Attachments

• gc-email-sample-lg2.gif
    gc-email-sample-lg2.gif
    13.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
woodstock said:
thanks ya'll!

Tim, sounds good! Not sure about timing before I leave for HH because I literally have plans every night and I'm away this wkd as well. (birth day - try birth weeks!) But I appreciate the offer, I'll try to figure something out before I go. I think you live close by...

I do, on Melville Lane in Chantilly.

May the wizdom of the years be lost on you as you celebrate another year.

In other words.... enjoy the hell out of the day! Happy Birthday!

Happy belated, Beth!! Tho I can't be too late if you're celebrating all week.;)

Kaye

thanks! the big 4-0. wow. made it to the other side.

ok, details:

last night my brother and his fiancee took me to a new place in Arlington called Tallulah. they have 350 bottles of wine (and not all the same kind either! haha. actually it's literally 350 different kinds) and 75 kinds by the glass. very good food - really recommend the place if you are in Arlington. The waiter was (I think) a sommelier and really knew his stuff.

ate wayyy too much and then after dinner talked to various friends who called. My friend Colleen is having a pool party for me next week and my friend Anne is taking a bunch of us out on her new boat to celebrate, soon. (she lives on a lake that only allows those electric boats - so it's one of those HUGE pontoon thingys - they get pretty fancy though!)

and then lunches and happy hours and whatnot for the next few weeks. I'm such an attention hog. :)

and next Thurs down to my house with some friends for the 4th! this is a good summer so far! when I get back I start buckling down on the PPL.

Just remember Beth, no matter how many birthdays you have, you'll always be a Spring Chicken to me. :yes:

Best,

Dave

May I add my belated happy birthday?

BTW, I'm still envious of your B-17 flight!

Jim

I'm envious of both the B17 ride AND the week-long 40th! I passed that little milestone last month and got about a 5 minute celebration. Once the trinkets from AvShop were passed out, my daughters wanted to go swing on the playset. We might have gone out to dinner, but I'm too old to remember last month.:D

Seriously, though, having my two little girls (and one big girl) sing Happy Birthday was something I couldn't buy with all the oil in Iran.

But a week-long celebration, that does sound fun. Maybe for 41!!!

Congratulations and welcome to the club!!!!

w00t!!! Happy Birthday Elizabeth! One certificate for flying the Tiger anytime you want!

:blueplane: = Tiger

thanks everyone! still only one mild hangover so far. I may have to start a diet though - must... stop... eating... (I rarely eat out at restaurants this often anymore).

woodstock said:
thanks everyone! still only one mild hangover so far. I may have to start a diet though - must... stop... eating... (I rarely eat out at restaurants this often anymore).

You are ahead of the game, then!!

Elizabeth, this post is worth dinner at Providence Prime *OR* Excelsior (Boston) if you are ever in my neck of the woods. I'll bring something from the cellar, too.

Keep on rocking!
beer.gif
drink.gif
friday.gif
DukeGirl.gif

-Andrew

I'm late as always, but I still don't have a connection at the house yet. So:

I hope it was a really happy b-day!!!!

Missa

thanks Missa and Andrew!

Andrew, did I tell you I brought back 3 bottles of Poggio Antico 1999 Brunello di Montalcino Riserva? I'll save one for the occasion. (I paid 43 Euros each, which is roughly 55 bucks per. I think that's a decent price, have not priced it stateside).

woodstock said:
thanks Missa and Andrew!

Andrew, did I tell you I brought back 3 bottles of Poggio Antico 1999 Brunello di Montalcino Riserva? I'll save one for the occasion. (I paid 43 Euros each, which is roughly 55 bucks per. I think that's a decent price, have not priced it stateside).

You did not! What a deal - 43 EUR is near the futures price (about $50 USD per bottle, I think futures were 40 EUR), which is a DAMN good deal.

If you are a ratings gal...

Robert Parker said:
The 1999 Brunello di Montalcino, dark in color, floral, smoky, and redolent of truffles along with its plum fruit, is round, ripe, and elegant on the palate, smooth and shapely in format, a Beau Brumal with biceps. Drink: 2005-2018.

$72 is the street price according to eBob, I've found it for $65 a few places. Great deal!!

I've got a few bottles of Bussola Amarone that you'd just love, if you dig big Italian wine.

Cheers,

-Andrew

cool! I have a lot to learn apparently. your fiancee is a lucky gal for you to know all this foodie stuff!

woodstock said:
cool! I have a lot to learn apparently. your fiancee is a lucky gal for you to know all this foodie stuff!

I'm just the son of a chef. My dad FORCED us to work for him (I loved it, as did my brother and sister) when we were kids - his quote was "If you go into foodservice, I'll disown you" - so we're all very lucky in that respect.

Oh, and I'd say that I'm lucky to have Jessie... not the other way around. From my (humble) perspective, a woman can shake a stick and hit 20 suitors. Not every guy is lucky enough to find a beautiful, brilliant, and amazing woman to share his life with. But then again, I'm biased!

Cheers,

-Andrew

woodstock said:
thanks Missa and Andrew!

That's a deal. And a great wine. I had it when dining there.

How did you enjoy the dinner at Antico?

astanley said:
You are ahead of the game, then!!

Elizabeth, this post is worth dinner at Providence Prime *OR* Excelsior (Boston) if you are ever in my neck of the woods. I'll bring something from the cellar, too.

Keep on rocking!
beer.gif
drink.gif
friday.gif
DukeGirl.gif

-Andrew

Andrew...your pacman sure knows how to "throw back a few" :rofl:

wsuffa said:
That's a deal. And a great wine. I had it when dining there.

How did you enjoy the dinner at Antico?

it was great, but you know, I enjoyed the champagne breakfast after ballooning a whole lot more - even though it was a simple meal. fruits, breads, champagne & some local wine.

woodstock said:
it was great, but you know, I enjoyed the champagne breakfast after ballooning a whole lot more - even though it was a simple meal. fruits, breads, champagne & some local wine.

Well, yeah... ;)

When I go to Europe, particularly a driving tour, my first stop is at a local supermarket or mega store. The shopping list includes: bread, cheese, maybe sliced meats, a sharp knife, a bottle or two of local wine, some bottled water, wine glasses, paper towels, and some good chocolate. All usually procured for about $25 US (or that's what it used to cost....). Do as the locals and pull into a little park and set up for lunch.

I learned to sniff out the local markets near the airport in quite a few cities.

Back