Hangar, Shop, Office Coming Available in AR

Graueradler

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Graueradler
At KRUE, Russellville, AR, we have a 4800 square foot (60 wide by 80 deep) hangar on the ramp coming available ( I need to measure the door height but I have seen King Airs in there). It has an approx. 1700 square foot building on each side of it. I'm using one of them as the office, lobby, pilots lounge for the FBO. The other has been used as a maintenance shop and office associated with the "maintenance" hangar. The FBO building should also become available in about 9 months (if we get to build our new terminal building). It has been a two generation maintenance operation

Initially, I intend to rent storage space for planes on a month to month basis to leave the longer term option open of finding an aviation related business.

There are a three pretty strong maintenance operations here and within about 20 to 25 miles so the competition in that area is strong but an avionics shop might be a good fit. There are no avionics shops in the immediate area, There are several in a radius of roughly 50 to 75 miles (Batesville, Fayetteville, Ft. Smith, Mena, Pine Bluff, Little Rock) but scheduling indicates that they are running with backlogs.

It might also be a feasible situation for a flight school. We have none at present and the last three have gone belly up. Only one flight instructor in the area has a plane so that he can provide primary instruction.

I'm going to have to do a little research to figure out how much we need to charge for it.

We have about 60 planes on the field ranging from ultralights to King Airs and with an Eclipse scheduled for delivery in the not to distant future. The population in the area a flight school could draw from is greater than 50,000.

If anyone wants to chat about it, my cell number is (479) 857-0362

Bobby Day
Airport Manager

Last edited:
Back