Hangar rental questions from a rookie

jtlexington

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
JT Lexington
Hi everyone,

Student pilot here looking ahead to having my license and a plane. I'll be back and forth to Vegas from Phoenix as about 90% of my flights, I spend about 1 week a month there and should soon own a place there. Assume a Cessna 172 sized plane.

To bring this around to the hangar question, I'm thinking that would be more practical than transient parking since I could leave a vehicle there ready to go. I've searched and I'm not finding much info about hangars at Henderson KHND. It seems like some airports have airport-owned hangars, others they are privately owned.? Amy recommendations one good sources of info on the hangar situation at any given airport?

As well, any general info for the rookie on renting a hangar? From what I can tell it could run from $150-$300 roughly depending on the hangar and location (based on the Phoenix ones I've researched and found).

Thanks in advance for any info!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can't tell you about Lost Vegas specifically but you are right there are often rental hangars (either public or owned by an FBO or whatever) and in most places there are a waiting list to get into this. In other cases you can buy into a condo hangar.

As to what you're suggesting, I do exactly this. I have a hangar at two airports and commute back and forth.

Back