Hangar insurance

FredFenster

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Greg L
Is there a lot of variability in hangar insurance? County airport requires $1,000,000 in liability, it looks like quite a few different brokers all seem to use the "national hangar insurance program".

Is there a lot of variability in hangar insurance? County airport requires $1,000,000 in liability, it looks like quite a few different brokers all seem to use the "national hangar insurance program".

Do you have an aircraft in the hangar ? Typically, your owned aircraft policy provides premises liability to cover the hangar.

I had to buy it separately for a couple of years and it would have been cheaper to insure a junker plane and get it that way.

150k over here.

TWF also requires $1,000,000 liability. Most of the aircraft policies only go $500,000. I have mine through my homeowner's policy with a $1,000,000 umbrella. It costs me $190 a year for my hangar and contents. A stand alone policy was going to be $550. Don

TWF also requires $1,000,000 liability. Most of the aircraft policies only go $500,000. I have mine through my homeowner's policy with a $1,000,000 umbrella. It costs me $190 a year for my hangar and contents. A stand alone policy was going to be $550. Don

I never even gave it a thought that the umbrella policy would satisfy that requirement. Just talked to my insurance guy for the homeowners policy and he's getting me a quote, thanks for the tip!

Call your insurance on your plane. I did this recently and all I had to do was add the airport on to the policy. No change in price.

Call your insurance on your plane. I did this recently and all I had to do was add the airport on to the policy. No change in price.

But if you look it probably has just a $500,000 liability. My airport and the OP's requires $1,000,000 liability. Don

No, it's $1m.....my new hangar lease was pretty specific.

Back