Hangar Insurance (contents)

MyassisDragon

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Mr Fred
How are (or not) people insuring the contents of their hangar?

I just got an email back from AOPA that said their hangar policy wont work if it is a T hangar or connected to a larger building?

I know its not a lot of stuff, but started adding up all the incidental items in there and on the shelves and its getting pricey for replacement:confused:

This would be items like, golf cart (for power tug), life raft, extra headsets, tools, folding bikes ect.

I talked to another insurer and he mentioned that a standard renters policy wont cut it either.:dunno:

Check homeowners policy. That covered stolen SCUBA equipment that was taken from my truck several years ago.

Nothing particularly valuable in my CJR hangar other than the plane (second hand fridge, table and chairs, some cheap tools, an old air compressor).

My hangar at NC26 is covered by the homeowner's insurance as it's part of my house.

Check homeowners policy. That covered stolen SCUBA equipment that was taken from my truck several years ago.

I will have to dig in further again and ask more detailed questions. The problem I ran into with the homeowners policy was the fact all the stuff in the hangar is owned by my LLC (holding company that owns the airplane) .

My next step is contacting the company that covers my main business and seeing if they can add a rider.

Didnt know it would be this difficult.

Back