Hangar Cleanout

OkieAviator

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
OkieAviator
My 172N came with a box of parts, post avionics upgrade it came back with another box of parts. So in an effort to clean out the hangar I now have two boxes of parts that may or may not be worth anything. I did some internet searches and somethings are out there forsale, but that doesn't really mean they're actually selling. Before I trash or turn these into office art, I wanted to get some feedback to make sure no one can put this stuff to use.

- Pair of Cessna ARC NAV/COM 300's
- ARC Audio panel
- ADF indicator and receiver
- Loran KA84 antenna
- Few Cessna VHF Com antennas.

All, or at least most nav/com 300s don't meet current frequency selectivity requirements (probably not the right technical terminology). Loran is a boat anchor. Some old geezers like me might interested in the ADF equipment (but I'm not - no longer have a plane)

If the 300s aren't legal because of the width of their transmission frequency they could make good hangar receiver radios. Just don't use them to transmit. They would also have bleed over issues on the receipt frequency, but since they are used on the ground they are less likely to have to deal with a close frequency.

I had a 300 series comm and ADF that I removed a few years back. I threw them in the garbage. I literally had to pay somebody to take them. :wink2:

If the 300s aren't legal because of the width of their transmission frequency they could make good hangar receiver radios.

I like this idea. I could mount them in a box, get an AC to DC converter and use the old antennas somehow.

I had my ARC ADF removed in 2012 when I had a panel upgrade. I sold the whole thing (reciver, indicator, and loop antenna) for about $100 on ebay.

Back