Hampton Roads VA

Corpsmaide

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Corpsmaide
I've been conducting research on local flight schools here, looking to finish my PP CERT Part 61 then go to 141 for further ratings which will be covered by my GI bill. Any suggestions and insight to training here. I hope there are some local pilots, students, and CFI's that could chime in.

Haven't had any dealings myself yet (still busy with sea duty), but I have heard alot fo good things about Curtis Eads at PVG. Another place to look at is Horizon at CPK. They seem to have a decent fleet.

Haven't had any dealings myself yet (still busy with sea duty), but I have heard alot fo good things about Curtis Eads at PVG. Another place to look at is Horizon at CPK. They seem to have a decent fleet.

I am thinking about finishing my private with Curtis Eads, then onto VA approved Rick Aviation for further ratings.

I've been conducting research on local flight schools here, looking to finish my PP CERT Part 61 then go to 141 for further ratings which will be covered by my GI bill. Any suggestions and insight to training here. I hope there are some local pilots, students, and CFI's that could chime in.

I fly out of Epix in Newport News. I don't know how the GI bill would fit in but the instructors are good. Let me know if you want more info.

Where is Rick Aviation?

Rick Aviation is at the Newport News/Williamsburg Airport. Epix Aviation is right next to it in the Atlantic Aviation FBO. I have flown out of both but Rick's maintenance issues turned me away. I would show up at the airport and they would say it was down for maintenance without having the courtesy to call.

I fly out of Epix in Newport News. I don't know how the GI bill would fit in but the instructors are good. Let me know if you want more info.

Absolutely, just checked the site, what is the instruction fee?

Site reads $125 for the 172. What do you fly out of epix

They must have changed it recently. I got my private in the 172 (N1537U) but got checked out in the DA-20 (N27NA). The Da-20 is what I fly the most now. Even though I can't use it for my instrument training when I start that, it's too nice of plane to not spend the extra $5.

They must have changed it recently. I got my private in the 172 (N1537U) but got checked out in the DA-20 (N27NA). The Da-20 is what I fly the most now. Even though I can't use it for my instrument training when I start that, it's too nice of plane to not spend the extra $5.

Neat...I may give it a try this weekend...the DA20

New Kent Aviation (W96) is great, but it is near Richmond, which may be too far for you. They have a 141 program.

Didn't you mention in another thread that you were training with Horizon at CPK? They are listed as a 141 school.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Didn't you mention in another thread that you were training with Horizon at CPK? They are listed as a 141 school.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes...when I first moved here did a few flights with them...decided to finish part 61 because it is cheaper and I won't lose hours switching to 141. Also they require money upfront for additional ratings after private, then reimburse once they receive check from VA. Found a 141 school that will be VA approved very soon, that will not require money upfront. Still gotta finish my private so wanted feedback on some local part 61 schools.

Back