Hair Thinning

Piloto

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Piloto
Like many of us here my here is getting thinner. Has anyone tried any of the following:

Minoxidil topic solution
Propecia tablets
Biotin Vitamin

Hair transplant is another option but expensive $8K. So I would have to give up on ADSB-out or hair.

Let me know your experience with any of the above.

José

Shave it off. Don't you know women find it sexy. Unless you're a women. Then men find it sexy.
Well, that does depend. You have to have looks first.

As much as I hate the current ADS-B architecture, money spent on aviation is more worthwhile than the vanity of worrying about going bald... excuse me, thinning hair.

Besides... why not aspire to being the a pilot for Barely Hairlines?

Been bald since I was a teenager. It doesn't bother me, and if it bothers someone else I really don't give a frak. It's their problem.

The hair transplant can end up being more than that. I did it years back, and it was more. Plus they don't tell you, but you really need more than one to get infomercial type results. I didn't find that the other stuff did much.

A balding professor told me that you can't have hair and brains both.

Dan

Dude, just ignore it and go flying. You ain't gonna stop it, and you ain't gonna fool anybody either.

Like many of us here my here is getting thinner. Has anyone tried any of the following:

Minoxidil topic solution - Have used. Works somewhat (fine new hair growth), but reversed any gain when you quit using it

Propecia tablets - Know someone with propecia - some meds worked very effectively for her. I don't know what meds those were. Edit - I would bet that these meds only work if one truly has propecia, not just thinning hair, male pattern baldness, etc.

Last edited:
If it bothers you I would fix it. Feeling good about yourself boosts confidence, that will get you a lot further in life than ADS-B. Not all of us look like Michael Jordan or Bruce Willis bald, some of us just look like frumpy old men. Depending on what you do there are professional implications as well.

I would do hair transplant vs. drugs, quicker, permanent, and natural.

I had a friend of mine with male pattern baldness that lost most of his hair at a fairly young age. He got one of those permanent hair transplants, not the type that's implanted into the skin, but some sort of membrane with hair attached that is semi permanently glued to the head and the natural hair grows through it.

It cost him a lot. He kept it for about a year, then decided he really didn't need it and had it removed. He was happier without it.

As you age you will discover that hair falling out is not as important as other things you cherish falling out or failing to 'grow'

Minoxidil topic solution
Propecia tablets
Biotin Vitamin

Hair transplant is another option but expensive $8K. So I would have to give up on ADSB-out or hair.

Let me know your experience with any of the above.

José

Just allow the hair that is growing to grow very long on one side, then scoop it up and toss it over the bald areas.

Failing that, there's always the tried and true.

SprayOnHair.jpg

Last edited:
Little known historical fact Charles Lindbergh secretly wished he was bald so he wore a leather bald cap on his head as seen in this picture. They didn't have the latex ones back then. :rofl: OK maybe I made that up but I consider myself blessed to have such a naturally aerodynamic noggin.

charles_lindbergh_aviator_leather_helmet_1927.jpg

The hair on the top of my head barely grows any more. If I don't trim the sides, I look like Bozo. Luckily, I really don't care.

-Rich

I am not losing hair, but it does appear that the hair I have is being re routed...

If you have hair have long(ish) hair, if your hair starts to go shave it all and keep it shaved. That is how you will look good. Odds are you are overweight (not picking on you most Americans are) worried about looks dump the weight. Once you are normal, no belly, buy new stylish clothes. Problem solved. You will look better then your current starting point.

If you have hair have long(ish) hair, if your hair starts to go shave it all and keep it shaved. That is how you will look good. Odds are you are overweight (not picking on you most Americans are) worried about looks dump the weight. Once you are normal, no belly, buy new stylish clothes. Problem solved. You will look better then your current starting point.

Plus your hair to bmi ratio will be higher.

That's no ****. I have more new hair on my back than I do on my head. Hmmmm. Can they transplant the hair on my back to my head? :no:

When I started to notice a receding hairline when I was in college, I decided to grow a beard. (Don't ask about the logic, as I have no idea how one matters to the other.)

Anyway, I show up at home and my WWII vet dad looked at me and didn't say anything. That evening my dad, in pure dad fashion, asked "Why cultivate on your face what grows wild on your ass?"

I guess it's generational. In college one guy in my fraternity got an earring. He went home to Chicago and his dad, a Chicago detective, said nothing. That night, his dad had his regular poker night in the basement of his house. Every one of his dad's cop buddies showed up wearing their wives' gaudiest clip-on earrings and sat there all night wearing them. Strupa took it out and let the hole close up, and his dad never said a word. :)

Imagine how much smarter he would have been if he was bald!!!

The reason why Einsten was so smart is because he was taking Biotin that caused hair growth.

About 5 years I started taking Biotin and noticed noticeable hair grow. Not wanting or lazy I stop taking it about a year ago because I had plenty of hair.. After this the hair thinning was obvious about three month ago. I started taking it again about a month ago and noticed hair grow but only on some strands. I started on Propecia and Rogaine about a week ago. But more hair grow is noticeable on my nostrils and intimate parts. Will keep you posted on my findings.

Many here say to let it go. But if you can hold to it why not give it a try.

Any girl opinion on the subject is welcome, but be honest.

José

Taking fish oils also thickens your hair.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back