"Hair raising incident at a local airport"

wbarnhill

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iEXTERMINATE
The local news had a story last night about a "hair raising incident" at Greenville Downtown Airport yesterday.

Get this...

A Twin Comanche reported some electrical problems, overflew the field twice to make sure their gear was down, and landed without a problem.

They also reported there were no injuries (WHEW!) and no word on the cause of the electrical problems. And of course, instead of speaking to any of the numerous pilots/CFIs that were present, they find John Q. Public who says something to the effect of "He just flew over twice, then came in like it was a normal landing". They also made sure to mention the numerous fire vehicles present, just in case you happened to think this wasn't necessarily a horribly serious event.

Just another story to show how dangerous these little planes are what with having to declare emergencies and all that.

How about a link so we can get some contact info for the paper - for rebuttal's sake?

Thanks!

How about a link so we can get some contact info for the paper - for rebuttal's sake?

Thanks!

Oddly enough, the news channel's website doesn't have the story up. Maybe they realized how much of a non-story it was? I'll keep looking though.

William that is a chilling story. I just don't understand how 'they' can let those dangerous planes keep flying over our schools and kids. Why one could just drop out of the sky at any moment and kill hundreds of people.

William that is a chilling story. I just don't understand how 'they' can let those dangerous planes keep flying over our schools and kids. Why one could just drop out of the sky at any moment and kill hundreds of people.

I think we need to nominate Daley to replace Blakey at the FAA. :yes:

:no: :no: :no:

Back