Ha Ha Batwing almost ready

el con

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
The Flied Piper
The newest addition to 6Y9 is a 14' batwing finish mower. Maybe hauling it up this weekend, also roll the field if the water is gone.

Man ,I'm going to have some time now for fun. Oh that's right we're making the field bigger yet.
6' then 10' now 14' Let's see now,how many pass'es, 150' ft wide by 2600ft plus the parking area ? 2,900 -3000 ft by this fall, nope look's like no fishing for me.
Cherokee 180 ,maybe Commanche 260 , is it maybe a twin Commanche after that , to get there faster to get more mowing done.
Is this the natural progression ?, aviation evolution ?:rolleyes:

14' mower? Now that's awesome.

I've got my puny little 36" for my 2.5 acres. I've definitely thought about a gang reel setup to make the mowing go faster, but I'd pave my lawn if I could. :)

Yes , It's a beautiful thing, like ,like, three lawnmowers flying in formation.
At an altitude of 1372.3 MSL or .3 AGL,always in perfect sync.
PTO driven
Anti scarf rollers
Rear discharge ( not political )
Loaded with grease zerks
Hydraulic wing lifts, just like a Corsair!!!
I have a tear in my eye.
I love the smell of diesel in the morning!!!

My neighbor called with the opposite problem.

He asked about getting a riding mower like mine, but it has to fit through his gate - width unknown, but not 42". Try finding a rider with a smaller than 42" mowing deck. Who would sell such a thing? It would be like making a 9" hedge trimmer or a 21" HDTV.

I'm going to measure the opening soon. I might suggest he just makes the opening wider.

Yes , It's a beautiful thing, like ,like, three lawnmowers flying in formation.
At an altitude of 1372.3 MSL or .3 AGL,always in perfect sync.
PTO driven
Anti scarf rollers
Rear discharge ( not political )
Loaded with grease zerks
Hydraulic wing lifts, just like a Corsair!!!
I have a tear in my eye.
I love the smell of diesel in the morning!!!

Man... 14', eh. You might need to get a bigger tractor. Oh, and you'll need a cab with a hypo-allergenic air filter system.

Something like this should suffice. :D

Attachments

• IMG_4470-783786.JPG
    IMG_4470-783786.JPG
    306.4 KB · Views: 12
Man... 14', eh. You might need to get a bigger tractor. Oh, and you'll need a cab with a hypo-allergenic air filter system.

Something like this should suffice. :D

And with GPS auto-steer and radar speed control those JDs are about as sophisticated as any new GA aircraft...and about as expensive!

Trapper John

Yeah Yeah ,I like it, bring me one!!
But where's the turf tires???

Yeah Yeah ,I like it, bring me one!!
But where's the turf tires???

Heh, who needs turf tires when you can have tracks!

460962_m.jpg

Trapper John

chris,

with that rig there would be no need for a roller for the runway. would just need to get "slick" tires for it.

:yikes:

If you're not out in the sunshine where you can smell the freshly cut grass, you're doing it bad wrong.

:yikes:

If you're not out in the sunshine where you can smell the freshly cut grass, you're doing it bad wrong.

I've done it both ways. Personally, I prefer NOT having snakes and bee-hives thrown down the back of my shirt collar. ;)

No kidding. And the 9330 isn't even the 'big' Deere - they have a 9530 out as well. I've got mucho hours in the 9320. It's a nice 'medium' between huge horsepower (and fuel burn) and smaller 'utility-sized' tractors.

But if you want even MORE HP, you'll need to switch from green to yellow. The Challenger MT900 can pour out 635HP when it's really blowing blue smoke. I'll be working up at the factory where they make these this summer. It's pretty impressive seeing how they move these things around in the plant - especially the 'track' version that doesn't have the tracks installed until the very last step before rolling off the line.

Attachments

• FullMT900CImage3CHAL08_1225.jpg
    FullMT900CImage3CHAL08_1225.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 10
Yep, I need a Challenger with turf track.
Actually the snowmobile club in town has a pretty good sized trail groomer
with tracks. I cringe though of the damage they would do turning at the runway ends.:yikes:
With all the cost of this bigger high tech stuff though, I might be able to just pave the runway instead.:rolleyes:

Back