Gulp. Flying to Lancaster this Saturday

The AYA Mid-Atlantic region is planning lunch at LNS on Saturday, so you'll have the opportunity to look at Grummans and talk with Grumman pilots if you are considering getting one in the future. However, due to the religious holiday, I will not be there.

Also, if you still need more data on the handhelds, I do believe the AirWays pilot shop has a nice selection you can look over and play with before making your purchase decision.

My handheld Icom with VOR has been so great over the years, I've installed its external antenae to my amphibion and mounted the unit on a panel bracket for quick removability. The handheld will be the primary com and secondary nav to the glass cockpit instruments.

Elizabeth, what time is your planned departure from JYO? We're heading out to OKV and back for the EAA 186 fly-in, might see you as we return and you get ready to depart.

Yeah, we cancelled too. I didn't feel like going IFR on a flight that was primarily so my daughter can get back in the air and comfortable. She's been a little scared since we ran into moderate turbulence a couple of years ago.

Let me know when you're going to try again - I may head up that way myself, and would be happy to buy you lunch to celebrate your mastery of LNS.

-Tim

Back