Guess where I am

In a high wing airplane flying over an airport with a VOR.

What do I win?

Last edited:
Some place where you're getting an ambiguous VOR signal?

KPGA.
Page Arizona.

what do I win?

Excellent job.

I had a house just under his left wingtip in that photo...assuming that is his plane's shadow :eek:

KPGA.jpg

Probably can see the ole homestead in this photo.

KPGA.jpg

Probably can see the ole homestead in this photo.

Yep. Right off the end of the crosswind runway (25.)

Right now I am wishing I was there instead of here.

METAR PAIN 142036Z AUTO 00000KT 5SM FEW015 BKN027 OVC034 M02/M06 A2957 RMK AO1 PNO

METAR KPGA 141953Z AUTO VRB06KT 10SM CLR 21/M07 A3006 RMK AO2 SLP139 T02111067[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Nope..........just figured.

To elaborate.....
I've been there. Richard, I figured you wouldn't be too far from HII, and all I did was look at the sectional and see where there was a VOR on the field and deduce from there.
Diana, this photo is for you. This would be the view out the window if Richard had taken a right turn after takeoff.

Attachments

• KPGA KCNY lake Powell 3_edited.JPG
    KPGA KCNY lake Powell 3_edited.JPG
    454.9 KB · Views: 26
I was scheduled to go to OH. I was really looking forward to metting Scott and receiving instruction under his wing. I went camping for 10 days in San Diego and on the morning of my last day there I received a phone call from a tour operator at Page. I was hired over the phone and with 3 days notice was told to show to begin ground school.

Consequently I have put on hold my CFI training until the end of this season which should be around late November. At that time I will most likely head over to OH. But with me you never know what new direction I'll take.

These pics are from me sitting right seat on a training hop, other than that one flight I haven't had any time to take aerial pics. I'm currently flying a T-207A. I think of it as a working vacation for me since this area is very scenic and I have always wanted to explore this area. Some more for your viewing pleasure....

Attachments

• 2Page, AZ 151.jpg
    2Page, AZ 151.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
  • 2Page, AZ 098.jpg
    2Page, AZ 098.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • 2Page, AZ 155.jpg
    2Page, AZ 155.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 14
  • 2Page, AZ 153.jpg
    2Page, AZ 153.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 14
The city of Page just voted to put on hold a dredging operation to cut a water course to Wahweap Marina. The pass had not been passable to marine traffic since 2000 due to low water levels. But this year, due to a high snow pack, they are expecting the lake to exceed full capacity. The dam is expecting to release a huge volume of water beginning mid to late summer. This would be the year to visit Lake Powell.

Currently the dam releases 15 million gallons/minute.

Attachments

• 2Page, AZ 202.jpg
    2Page, AZ 202.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 13
  • 2Page, AZ 198.jpg
    2Page, AZ 198.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 12
The city of Page just voted to put on hold a dredging operation to cut a water course to Wahweap Marina. The pass had not been passable to marine traffic since 2000 due to low water levels. But this year, due to a high snow pack, they are expecting the lake to exceed full capacity. The dam is expecting to release a huge volume of water beginning mid to late summer. This would be the year to visit Lake Powell.

Currently the dam releases 15 million gallons/minute.

Wow, that's great news. I saw something on TV about Wahweap's water woes. (Hey, how 'bout that alliteration!)

I received a phone call from a tour operator at Page. I was hired over the phone and with 3 days notice was told to show to begin ground school.
Wow Richard! Congrats on the new job! :cheerswine: How exciting! We'll be out your way in May and will probably stay in Page one night.

Wow Richard! Congrats on the new job! :cheerswine: How exciting! We'll be out your way in May and will probably stay in Page one night.
Diana, you MUST let me know when you get out this way. You certainly have the plane for a great tour. It would be nice to see you again. Check your PM.

Back