Guess that Helicopter

rmciottijr

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
rmciottijr
Ok I was in Delaware today just across form KILG at a vendors site and this was flying by and it was fast. One of the guys knew it by name but the sieve I call my brain let it flow through. Well if I hear the name again I will remember it and if not I will ask. The story I got (from this vendor that was asked to help with some wiring on it) was that it’s a new type of Blackhawk and one of a kind. He was told that it could fly 150 times faster then the current Blackhawk. Enjoy the pictures. Any info would be great.

Bob

Attachments

• IMGA0611.JPG
    IMGA0611.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
  • IMGA0612.JPG
    IMGA0612.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMGA0614.JPG
    IMGA0614.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
  • IMGA0616.JPG
    IMGA0616.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • IMGA0618.JPG
    IMGA0618.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I've never seen one before. The tail assembly appears like a duct can be turned aft to provide greater thrust during forward fast flight. It appears to have a pretty significant vertical stabilizer as well.

150 times faster then the current Blackhawk. Enjoy the pictures. Any info would be great.

Bob

unless the current blackhawk was limited to something like 1 to 1.5 knots i dont see how that would be possible.

interesting design. morph between rotor and fixed wing. i wonder if the rotor is used in cruise flight like a rotor on gyrocopter, adding lift to that provided by the wing. ive certainly seen nothing like this.

That's it, the Speedhawk they also said someone got it on Youtube. That should of been 150% faster not 150X faster but it didn't show that in the video. Maybe they did not want to push it yet.

Back