GTN650 comm radio not working after software update

gms5002

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
gms5002
Everything was working fine until one of the club members updated the GTN 650 the other day. Now the comm radio is not working. You can select the frequency on the 650 but there's no side tone, no reception, and no one can hear transmissions...nothing. Is there anything we can check ourselves to troubleshoot this short of bringing it to an avionics shop? I thought there would be some menu to see what's going on with the radio but I don't see anything in the manual.

Everything was working fine until one of the club members updated the GTN 650 the other day. Now the comm radio is not working. You can select the frequency on the 650 but there's no side tone, no reception, and no one can hear transmissions...nothing. Is there anything we can check ourselves to troubleshoot this short of bringing it to an avionics shop? I thought there would be some menu to see what's going on with the radio but I don't see anything in the manual.

I thought only certified Garmin dealer avionics shops are allowed to update the GTN firmware. Anybody knows the real deal?

I thought only certified Garmin dealer avionics shops are allowed to update the GTN firmware. Anybody knows the real deal?

I'm going by the notes in the mx reservation, he may have meant database update. He's not reachable to clarify.

Back