GTN 750 DB Error Message

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
Our club has tasked me with keeping the databases of our club aircraft up to date. And with the new cycle just occurring, I downloaded the new data to our GTN750 data card via flygarmin.com (thumbnail#1).

Then I went out to the hangar, switched in the updated card, and held down the home key while I powered on the avionics, accessing the config screens and loading in the updates as shown on thumbnail #2.

But when I cycled the power, letting the normal verification screen happen like our member pilots would see, I get a "Database Verification Failed" on the Navigation Data (thumbnail #3)

What caused this and what is the solution? (btw, I did read page 1-7 of the Pilot's guide, searched the rest of the document, and the web. But nothing found so far advises how to correct this).

Any info provided is helpful.

Attachments

• IMG_1230.JPG
    IMG_1230.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1231.JPG
    IMG_1231.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1233.JPG
    IMG_1233.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Planning on that this evening...

But if it downloaded okay, (per flygarmin.com) what created the hiccup on the GTN unit?

But if it downloaded okay, (per flygarmin.com) what created the hiccup on the GTN unit?

The other day Av stuck the chip in his 750 and just powered it on as normal and it gave the option to update on the start screen. Maybe the 'long hold' procedure is trying to update something besides the database?:dunno:

I don't hold the home key like that. It isn't required. I just swap the cards and flip it on. It goes through each DB and asks which version I want - the one on the card or the one in memory. I load the card one as long as it is actually newer (which would be the case unless I screwed up the download - it's happened). It then replaces the one in memory with the newer card version and never asks you again.

Once it is finished, it goes through the normal verifications.

The "hold menu" is the way to get into the configuration of the GTN. It is not the way you should be updating the databases. The process petrolero is using is the correct way.

Be careful when playing around in the configuration menu. Changing some of the functions will turn your 750 into a $15k boat anchor unless you know what the change is doing.

Back