Grumman kit

I do not believe that one could buy the aircraft on E-bay, and make it look like this aircraft, and sell it at a profit.

it might be a fun project, but you would be working for free.

You are probably correct. Which is probably why Fletchair, as a business is selling it as-is rather than restoring it. Like restoring classic cars, Fairchilds, and motorcycles, it is a labor of love not profit. I have a Cafe bike that I could probably sell for 1/3 what I spent building it, at most. Still could be a good deal for someone who does not have to pay an A&P to do the work.

The fact that they are selling it as is is a big clue, if the assembly would be profitable they would.

Good opportunity for the A&P (or handy owner with an understanding one) that wants a hot rod Grumman, or even just a tinker toy

It's not a good opportunity for anybody who can afford a Tiger, understands the risks, expects to fly it anytime soon and wants to stay in the money. Just find one and buy it. You'll be money ahead when it's all over.

The fact that they are selling it as is is a big clue, if the assembly would be profitable they would.

Good opportunity for the A&P (or handy owner with an understanding one) that wants a hot rod Grumman, or even just a tinker toy

It's not a good opportunity for anybody who can afford a Tiger, understands the risks, expects to fly it anytime soon and wants to stay in the money. Just find one and buy it. You'll be money ahead when it's all over.

The fly it anytime soon is the key.

I could probably put the thing together and if I don't factor in the value of my time (as I wouldn't if I WANTED a project) come out ok. 99% of folks would be paying someone to put it back together and would take a bath.

Much like building any plane, do you actually want to spend the time to put it together?

When "project" is part of the description I substitute "black hole" instead, unless it's a fee for services deal in which I'm supplying the service rather than the money. BTDT

The fly it anytime soon is the key.

I could probably put the thing together and if I don't factor in the value of my time (as I wouldn't if I WANTED a project) come out ok. 99% of folks would be paying someone to put it back together and would take a bath.

Much like building any plane, do you actually want to spend the time to put it together?

When "project" is part of the description I substitute "black hole" instead, unless it's a fee for services deal in which I'm supplying the service rather than the money. BTDT

Won't argue, some of us just like to play with things like that.

Won't argue, some of us just like to play with things like that.

And like dancing with a bear, you can't quit when you're tired or don't like the music.

Back