Ground School Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja_user
I assume that someone getting a CFI, wouldn't need another signoff to some day use their GI cert? But who knows?

You should correct this one too, because an active CFI doesn't need an endorsement for the GI under 61.217 (b).
Nothing to correct. You should read that reg and the posts more carefully. Note that my post said nothing about the CFI having been "active." It is possible for one to have both CFI and GI certificates and give ground training legally without having been "active" within the last 12 months, but only as a CFI, not as a GI. So, a CFI who renewed 18 months ago and holds a GI ticket but hasn't given any training since that CFI renewal can still give ground training as a CFI, but not as a GI without getting that endorsement from someone else. Of course, the next day that CFI will have given training as a CFI within the preceding 12 months, and thus will be able to exercise his/her GI privileges again per 61.217(b), but that's another story.

Last edited:
Dean, you're assuming things I didn't write and then objecting to them. Go bother someone else.

Back