Greg Koonz flight school ..

I flew with Greg a few years ago. He was in the area the week before AirVenture and offered aerobatic instruction in his Super Decathlon.

I got the basics on the ground and then we flew for about a half hour or so. Had a lot of fun and would definitely do it again. But I think it was $300+ for the hour... so not sure how a multi-day training session would go or what it would cost.

I flew with Greg a few years ago. He was in the area the week before AirVenture and offered aerobatic instruction in his Super Decathlon.

I got the basics on the ground and then we flew for about a half hour or so. Had a lot of fun and would definitely do it again. But I think it was $300+ for the hour... so not sure how a multi-day training session would go or what it would cost.

$1600.00 sounds reasonable .... :dunno:

From his website:

Covers the four fundamentals of aerobatic flight
Loops-rolls-hammerheads-spins
Every attitude and every recovery
4 complete lessons ground and flight
Includes 2 nights lodging at Sky Country Lodge and All inclusive meals-drinks-taxes

From his website:

Includes 2 nights lodging at Sky Country Lodge and All inclusive meals-drinks-taxes

Sounds very reasonable to me. I love watching Greg fly. I'd do it in a heartbeat!

From his website:

That sounds very reasonable to me. Especially with lodging and meals included. If you go, please be sure to post a report on your experience. That sounds like a really fun way to spend a few days.

Never flown with him, but I have talked to him several times over the years at OSH. Really cool guy. If I remember correctly he doesn't charge by the hour, he charges by the lesson. In his words "If I see a fire and want to go check it out, I'm paying for it instead of the student watching the Hobbs click away."

He's got a very nice place. You'll enjoy it. My recommendations are always Greg Koontz if you're in the east and Rich Stowell if you're in the west.

That sounds very reasonable to me. Especially with lodging and meals included. If you go, please be sure to post a report on your experience. That sounds like a really fun way to spend a few days.

Will do.

I'm going to let it cool off a bit. Maybe early October thereabouts should be nice weather in Alabama.

I hope the lessons are in the Decathlon Extreme. I want to fly one of those puppies .... :yes:

Back